1. The area of a rectangular playground is 300 sq m. If the breadth of the field is 15 m, find the length of the field.
2. The ratio of length and breadth of a rectangle is 5: 3. If length is 8 m more than breadth, find the area of the rectangle.
3. The perimeter of a rectangle having area equal to 144 cm2 and sides in the ratio 4 : 9 is
4. The area of a rectangle lies between 40 cm2 and 45 cm2. If one of the side is 5 cm, then its diagonal lies between
5. The area of a rectangular field is 15 times the sum of its length and breadth. If the length of that field is 40 m, what is the breadth of that field?
6. If the length of a rectangle decreases by 5 m and breadth increases by 3 m, then its area reduces 9 sq. m. If length and breadth of this rectangle increased by 3 m and 2 m respectively, then its area increased by 67 sq. m. What is the length of rectangle?
7. The area of a rectangle whose length is 5 more than twice its width is 75 sq units. What is the perimeter of the rectangle?
8. If the sides of a rectangle are increased by 10% find the percentage increase in its diagonals.
9. Area of a rectangular field is 3584 m2 and the length and the breadth are in the ratio 7: 2, respectively. What is the perimeter of the rectangle?
10. The length and perimeter of a rectangle are in the ratio of 5: 18. What will be the ratio of its length and breadth?
11. The length of a rectangle is twice its breadth. If the length is decreased by half of the 10 cm and the breadth is increased by half of the 10 cm, the area of the rectangle is increased by 5 sq cm more than 70 sq cm. Find the length of the rectangle.
12. A rectangle has 20 cm as its length and 200 sq cm as its area. If the area is increased by 1 (1/5 ) times the original area by increasing its length only then the perimeter of the rectangle so formed (in cm) is
13. A ground 100 × 80 m2 has, two cross roads in its middle. The road parallel to the length is 5 m wide and the other road is 4 m wide, both roads are perpendicular to each other. The cost of laying the bricks at the rate of Rs. 10 per m2, on the roads, will be
14. The breadth of a rectangle is 25 m. The total cost of putting a grass bed on this field was Rs. 12375, at the rate of Rs. 15 per sq m. What is the length of the rectangular field?
15. A took 15 s to cross a rectangular field diagonally walking at the rate of 52 m/min and B took the same time to cross the same field along its sides walking at the rate of 68 m/min. Find the area of the field.