Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021: Punjab Police has released the official notification for the recruitment of 560 Sub Inspector. The recruitment for the post of SI has been released for four-post i.e District Police Cadre, Armed Police Cadre, Investigation Cadre, and Intelligence Cadre. The candidates will be selected through the Written Test and Physical Screening Test.
Punjab CM has declared this recruitment from the official tweet stated as “Apart from the constable recruitment, @PunjabPoliceInd will recruit 560 sub-inspectors in 4 cadres i.e Investigation, Armed, District & Intelligence. Common Application form brgins on 6th July & 2 MCQ based CB Papers will be conducted in August“.
Let’s go through the detailed notification of Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021 which includes, eligibility criteria, vacancy details, selection process, and syllabus for all four posts.
Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021: Important Dates
|Notification Released||27th June 2021|
|Online Application Begins||6th July 2021|
|Last date for application||27th July 2021|
|Exam Dates||17th to 31st August 2021|
Punjab Police SI Notification PDF
The interested candidates can download the PDF for the recruitment of Sub Inspectors for various posts in the Punjab Police.The recruitment will be conducted for recruiting 560 SI. Click on the below link to download the PDF.
Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021: Vacancy Details
The detailed vacancy distribution has been tabulated in the below table. The total number of vacancies released for recruitment is 560. The recruitment is for four different posts.
|Name of the post||Number of Vacancies|
|Sub Inspector (District Police Cadre)||87|
|Sub Inspector (Armed Police Cadre)
|Sub Inspector (Investigation Cadre)||289|
|Sub Inspector (Intelligence Cadre)||87|
Punjab Police SI Eligibility Criteria 2021
Before applying for the recruitment process, the candidates must go through the eligiblity i.e. educational qualification and age limit or any other criteria according to the recruitment process.
|Sr. No.||Name Of Post||Qualification|
|1||Sub Inspector (District Police Cadre)||The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university or its equivalent|
|2||Sub Inspector (Armed Police Cadre)||The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university or its equivalent|
|3||Sub Inspector (Investigation Cadre)||The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university or its equivalent|
|4||Intelligence Officer (in the rank of Sub Inspector, Intelligence Cadre)||Candidate should be:
a) A graduate from a recognized University or Institution, as the case may be, provided that such candidate shall also possess an ‘0’ Level Certificate of Information Technology from the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) (earlier called as DOEACC);
b) A Graduate from a recognized University or Institution with Computer Science, or Computer Applications: or Information Technology as one of the elective subjects during the entire duration of graduation;
c) B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E in Information Technology, or Computer Science; or Computer Engineering or Computer Science & Engineering; or Information Systems; or Computer Networking; or Data Science; or Software Engineering; or BCA; or Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications from a recognized University or Institution, as the case may be.
As of 1st January 2021, a candidate should have attained the age of 18 years but should not have attained the age of 28 years, provided further that:
- SC/ST/BC candidates shall be given relaxation in the upper age limit by 5 years.
Punjab Police SI Selection Process
The selection will be done on the basis of:
- Written Based Test
- Physical Screening Test (PST)
The detailed exam pattern and syllabus will be notified later on in the detailed notification. The subjects covered in the Constable written exam are as follows:
- Paper I for 400 marks with 100 questions for 2 hours includes General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and Numerical Skills and Punjabi.
- Paper-II for 400 marks with 100 questions for 2 hours includes Logical and Analytical Reasoning Data Interpretation, Digital Literary and Awareness, and English.
- Negative marking for each incorrect answer shall be to the extent of 25% of the marks assigned to a question.
- Written Based Test will be conducted before the Physical Screening Test (PST). Only candidates who clear the Written Test will be eligible for the Physical Screening Test (PST), which will be qualifying in nature. No marks will be awarded for the PST, but all candidates must clear the prescribed fitness trial events.
- Merit will be drawn up purely on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Computer Based Written Examination.
- Candidates can go through the detailed syllabus from the above notification.
Physical Screening Test
For District and Armed Police
- Male – 5 Feet 7 inches
- Female – 5 Fee 2 inches
|Race||1600 m in 7 min||800 m in 5 min|
||3.65 m||3 m|
||1.10 m||0.90 m|
For Intelligence and Investigation Police
- Male – 5 Feet 5 inches
- Female – 5 Feet 1 inch
|Race||800 m in 4 min||400 m in 4 min|
||9 Feet||6 Feet|
||6 Feet||2.5 Feet|
Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021:FAQ
Q. What is the last date to apply online for Punjab Police Recruitment?
Ans: The last date to apply online for Punjab Police is 27th July 2021.
Q.How many vacancies are released by the Punjab Police for SI?
Ans: A total of 560 vacancies are released for Sub Inspector by Punjab Police.
Q. What is the selection process for the Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021?
Ans: The selection process includes written tests and physical screening tests.
Q. When can I apply online for the Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021?
Ans: The online application begins on 6th July 2021.
You may also like to read this:
- Punjab Police Constable Recruitment 2021: Notification To Be Out Soon; Check Details Here
- SSSB Punjab Recruitment 2021: Apply Online For 967 Vacancies
- PSSSB Punjab Patwari Examination 2021: Exam Postponed
- Mock Tests For Punjab Patwari Exam 2021