Hello readers, Here we provide you with an Indian polity Quiz as per the syllabus of SSC CGL TIER-I. Most of the questions are from previous years paper. This Quiz surely helps you to fetch more marks in final exams.
1.Legislative Council of which one of the following States has less than the required number of members?
(a) Jammu and Kashmir
(c) Tamil Nadu
2.How many States Legislative are bicameral ?
3.Which of the following can contest a Presidential election?
I. Anyone who has attained the age to contest a Lok Sabha election
II. A member of the State Legislature
III. A citizen of India
IV. The Vice-President of India
(a) I, II and IV
(b) I, II and III
(c) II, III and IV
(d) II and IV
4.If there is a vacancy in the offices of both President and Vice President, who has been empowered to function as President?
(a) Chief Justice of India
(b) Chief of Army Staff
(c) A person appointed by Parliament
(d) No one
5.If a resolution impeaching the President is passed, the President is considered to have been removed
(a) From the date on which the resolution is passed
(b) Once the Chief Justice of India takes out an order to the effect
(c) As soon as the Gazette of India notifies it
(d) Once the new incumbent is elected
6.The word ‘Budget’ is mentioned in which of the following Articles of the Constitution of India:
(a) Art. 266
(b) Art. 112
(c) Art. 265
(d) Nowhere in the constitution
7. The budget was formally introduced in India in:
8. Which of the following statements about President’s ordinance-making power is not correct?
(a) It is co-extensive with legislative power of Parliament.
(b) Laid down in Article 123.
(c) Shall cease to operate on expiry of six weeks from the reassembly of the Parliament.
(d) Cannot be withdrawn at any time by the President.
9. The Vice President can be removed from office before completion of his term in which of the following manner?
She/he can be impeached in similar manner as President.
A Resolution of Rajya Sabha passed by special majority
A Resolution of Rajya Sabha passed by simple majority and agreed to by the Lok Sabha.
A Resolution of Rajya Sabha passed by an absolute majority and agreed to by the Lok Sabha.
10. The District and sessions Judge works directly under the control of:
Governor of the state
Law Minister of the state
High Court of the state
11. The proposal for the creation of new All-India Services can be considerd only:
if majority of State Legislature make such demand
if Lok Sabha passes a resolution by two-thirds majority
if Rajya Sabha passes a resolution by two-thirds majority
None of the above
12. How many types of writs can be issued by the Supreme Court?
13. Who of the following Chief Justices of India acted as the president of India also
(a) Justice M. Hidayatullah,
(b) Justice P.N. Bhagwati,
(c) Justice Mehar Chand Mahajan,
(d) Justice B.K. Mukherjee
14. The Chief Justice of a high Court is appointed by
(c) Chief Justice Of India,
(d) President on the advice of Governor of the State concerned and the chief justice of India
15. The first High/Superme Court Judge who voluntarily made public his assets, is
(a) Justice D.V. Shyalendra Kumar,
(b) Justice K. Chandra,
(c) Justice K. Kannan,
(d) Justice V.C. Srivastava