Punjab Public Service Commission is constituted by the Punjab Government for the recruitment of Class I and II Posts in the state of Punjab. Its office is located at Baradari Gardens Patiala. PPSC releases notifications every year for conducting various recruitment examinations including the State Civil services Examination. The official website where aspirants can apply and check notifications is ppsc.gov.in. The Punjab Public Service Commission has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India, with the basic purpose of recruiting officials in various departments of the Government. The employment will be done within the state of Punjab. Check out the details related to PPSC examinations including the posts under PPSC, eligibility criteria, qualifications and the application process.
Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC)- Overview
Candidates can apply online for a variety of positions in a variety of departments through PPSC Exams. Candidates can apply online for PPSC Exams at the official website @https://patiala.nic.in/punjab-public-service-commission-h-o-patiala/.
|Exam Name||PPSC Exams|
|Conducting Authority||Punjab Public Service Commission|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Age Required||More than 21 years|
Posts Under PPSC
The various posts under PPSC include:
- Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch)
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officer
- Block Development & Panchayat Officer
- Assistant Registrar Co-Operative Societies
- Labour and Conciliation Officer
- Employment Generation and Training Officer
- Deputy Superintendent Jails / District Probation Officer (Grade-II)
PPSC State Service Exam- Educational Qualification
The required Educational Qualification for PPSC State Service Exam is provided below.
PPSC State Service Exam Educational Qualifications
- The candidate should own a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university or institution.
- Must have passed the Matriculation Examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subjects.
PPSC State Service Exam Age Limit
The candidate should have attained the age of 21 years but should not be older than 37 years.
PPSC State Service Preliminary Exam Pattern
The preliminary competitive examination will consist of two papers of 200 marks each and shall comprise of objective type (multiple choice) questions.
|Marks for each
|Paper –I||General Studies||100||2||200|
|Paper-II||Civil Services Aptitude Test
PPSC Application Fee
The Application fees for PPSC Exams is tabulated below.
|Category||Online application charges||Examination Fee||Total|
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 625/-||1125/-|
|Ex-Servicemen of Punjab||Rs. 500/-||No Fee to be paid||500/-|
|All Others Categories (including Lineal Descendent of Ex-servicemen, EWS, Punjab)||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 2500/-||3000/-|
|Physically Handicapped, Punjab||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 1250/-||1750/-|
How to Apply for PPSC Exams?
The Candidate must have the following documents before attempting to fill the Online Application Form:
- A valid email account that has not been used before for filling Online Application Form by
any other Candidate applying for the given Examination.
- All future correspondence with the Candidate will be made through the registered email ID.
- A valid mobile phone number, that shall be used to contact the Candidate. The candidate may register any mobile number for communication.
- Information given on the given mobile number shall be considered to have been delivered to Candidate.
- Scanned copy of a recent passport size photograph (jpg/jpeg format)
- Scanned copy of the signature of the Candidate
- A computer system with a printer attached to it.
Steps to apply online
STEP 1- Fill the Online Application Form
STEP 2- Deposit the Application Fee
STEP 3- Print the submitted Application Form from the link “Print Application-bank Challan”
available in the Registration Section on the Homepage of the website.