For the first time SSC 2016 examination will be held in Computer Based pattern and managing time will be one of the important factor while solving the questions. So in order to make students familiar with such a situations we are providing questions in a time based manner , which will help students to manage the time properly.
1. Money Bill can be introduced in the State Legislature with the prior consent of—
the Chief Minister
2. Which one of the following offices is held during the pleasure of the President of India ?
Chief Justice of India
Governor of a State
Chairman of UPSC
3. Consider the following statements regarding the Governor of a State in India :
1. To be appointed as Governor, one should have completed the age of 45 years.
2. The Governor holds the office during the pleasure of the President.
3. After completing five years in office, the Governor can not continue to hold the office even when his successor has not entered upon his office.
4. The executive power of the State is vested in the Governor.
Which of the above statements are correct ?
1 and 2
2, 3 and 4
1, 2 and 3
2 and 4
4. Consider the following statements :
1. The Governor of a State in India nominates to the Legislative Council, where it exists one-sixth of its members.
2. The Governor of a State in India may nominate to the Legislative Assembly one person from the Anglo-Indian Community if he feels the community needs representation.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
5. The Contigency Fund of the State is operated by—
The Governor of the State
The Chief Minister of the State
The State Finance Minister
None of the above
6. The Constitution of India does NOT contain any provision for the impeachment of—
The Vice President of India
The Chief Justice of India
The Governor of a State
7. The Chief Minister is appointed by—
the Chief Justice of Supreme Court
the Chief Justice of High Court
8. Which of the following Constitution Amendment Acts seeks that the size of the Councils of Ministers at the Centre and in a State must not exceed 15% of the total number of members in the Lok Sabha and the total number of members of the Legislative Assembly of that State respectively ?
9. Which Article of the Constitution defines the duties of chief Minister ?
10. The legal advisor to the State government is known as :
Advocate - General
State Public Prosecutor