Prime Minister Narendra Modi is today held a meeting via video-conferencing with the Chief Ministers over Coronavirus outbreak in the country. The video conference comes amidst indications that the central government may extend the lockdown across the country. PM in his third review meeting interacted with Chief Ministers from Delhi, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh, and all other states. Accompanying Home Minister Amit Shah, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Prime Minister interacted in third review meeting. Talking about the Exit Plan from Lockdown, Prime Minister said that there seems to be a consensus amongst the states on the extension of Lockdown by another two weeks.
Highlights of PM Video Conference Meeting
- Chief Ministers of several states suggested the extension of Lockdown by two weeks
- Our mantra earlier was ‘Jaan hai to Jahaan hai’ but now is ‘Jaan bhi Jahaan bhi’: PM
- PM stated that the next 3-4 weeks critical to determine the impact of steps taken till now to curb the spread of the virus.
- PM suggests specific measures for agriculture and allied sector including modification of APMC laws to facilitate the sale of farm produce
- Aarogya Setu app is an essential tool in our fight against COVID-19, can subsequently act as e-pass to facilitate travel: PM
- He referred to how South Korea and Singapore got success in contact tracing. Based on those experiences, India has made its own effort through the app which will be an essential tool in India’s fight against the pandemic
- PM condemns attacks on health professionals and incidents of misbehavior with students from North-East and Kashmir
- PM assured that the country has adequate supplies of essential medicines; gives a stern message against black marketing and hoarding
- Prime Minister stated that the crisis is an opportunity to become self-reliant and turn the nation into an economic powerhouse.