Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation today (Tuesday). This address to the nation comes against the backdrop of a bitter standoff between Indian and Chinese troops in eastern Ladakh where 20 Indian army personnel were killed in clashes on June 15 in Galwan Valley. The second phase, or Unlock 2.0, will come into effect tomorrow.
Prime Minister Modi said that nobody is above the law and everybody has to follow the rules and regulations announced by the government to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus. He also praised the effort of the corona warriors and stated that in comparison to other countries across the globe, India is still in a very stable situation in the battle against Covid-19. Timely decisions and measures have played a great role. All the details from today’s address to the nation by PM Narendra Modi have been provided below.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
PM Modi To Addresses The Nation: Important Highlights
- PM stated that we are entering ‘Unlock 2’ and also the season of cough, fever and cold. In such a situation, PM urged countrymen to take care of themselves.
- In the last three months, 31 thousand crore rupees have been deposited directly into Jan Dhan accounts of 20 crore poor families. 18 thousand crore rupees have been deposited in the bank accounts of more than 9 crore farmers.
- PM Narendra Modi has announced that a Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana announced earlier to supply free ration to the poor has been extended till November. Around 80 crore poor people will benefit due to this, PM Modi said, adding that the government expects to spend around Rs 90,000 crore on this scheme.
- “We are planning to bring ‘One Nation One Ration Card’. Now a ration card is also being arranged for the whole of India. The biggest benefit of this will be to those poor colleagues who leave their village and go elsewhere for employment or other needs,” announces PM Modi.
At the end of the speech, PM Narendra Modi is once again urged everyone to maintain physical distancing and to wear masks or face covers while out in public. India’s coronavirus cases have risen to 5,48,318 including 16,475 deaths. States like Maharashtra, Delhi and Tamil Nadu are the states that have been worst hit by coronavirus despite efforts to break the chain of transmission.