PM Gati Shakti Scheme: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 13th October 2021 launched the PM Gati Shakti Scheme– National Master Plan for Multi-modal Connectivity in New Delhi, heralding a new chapter in governance. PM Gati Shakti Scheme, a digital platform will bring 16 Ministries including Railways and Roadways together for combined planning and synchronized execution of infrastructure connectivity projects.
- In a remarkable event for the infrastructure landscape of the country, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched PM Gati Shakti Scheme to address the past issues through institutionalizing holistic planning for stakeholders for major infrastructure projects.
- As a substitute of planning & designing separately in silos, the projects will be designed and executed with a common vision.
- It will unite the infrastructure schemes of various Ministries and State Governments like Bharatmala, Sagarmala, inland waterways, dry/land ports, UDAN
- Economic Zones like textile clusters, pharmaceutical clusters, defence corridors, electronic parks, industrial corridors, fishing clusters, agri zones will be covered to improve connectivity and make Indian businesses more competitive.
- It will also leverage technology broadly including spatial planning tools with ISRO imagery developed by BiSAG-N (Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geoinformatics).
PM Gati Shakti Scheme is based on 6 primary pillars:
- COMPREHENSIVENESS: It will include all the existing and planned initiatives of various Ministries and Departments with one centralized portal. Each and every Department will now have visibility of each other’s activities providing critical data while planning & execution of projects in a comprehensive manner.
- PRIORITIZATION: Through this, different Departments will be able to prioritize their projects through cross–sectoral interactions.
- OPTIMIZATION: The National Master Plan will assist different ministries in planning for projects after identification of critical gaps. For the transportation of the goods from one place to another, the plan will help in selecting the most optimum route in terms of time and cost.
- SYNCHRONIZATION: Individual Ministries and Departments often work in silos. There is lack of coordination in planning and implementation of the project resulting in delays. PM Gati Shakti Scheme will help in synchronizing the activities of each department, as well as of different layers of governance.
- ANALYTICAL: The plan will provide the entire data at one place with GIS based spatial planning and analytical tools having 200+ layers, enabling better visibility to the executing agency.
- DYNAMIC: All Ministries and Departments will now be able to visualize, review and monitor the progress of cross-sectoral projects, through the GIS platform, as the satellite imagery will give on-ground progress periodically and progress of the projects will be updated on a regular basis on the portal.
PM Gati Shakti Scheme will provide the public and business community information regarding the upcoming connectivity projects, other business hubs, industrial areas and surrounding environment. This will enable the investors to plan their businesses at suitable locations leading to enhanced synergies. It will create multiple employment opportunities and give a boost to the economy. It will improve the global competitiveness of local products by cutting down the logistics costs and improving the supply chains, and also ensure proper linkages for local industry & consumers.
PM Gati Shakti Scheme: FAQs
Q. When was the PM Gati Shakti Scheme Launched?
Ans.13th October, 2021
Q. What is PM Gati Shakti Scheme?
Ans. It is a digital platform to bring 16 Ministries including Railways and Roadways together for integrated planning and coordinated implementation of infrastructure connectivity projects.
Q. Where was the PM Gati Shakti Scheme Launched?
Ans. Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
Q. Who launched the PM Gati Shakti Scheme?
Ans. PM Narendra Modi