1. Sound waves in air are ________ waves.
Prepare for all SSC exams like SSC CGL,CHSL,CPO,Stenographer,MTS,Selection post and GD Constable etc from India’s Best Teaching Educators!
About SSC ka Maha Pack:
SSC ka Maha Pack is a full-fledged course which incorporates all the essentials like Live online classes, Test series, Video courses, eBooks & countless unprecedented features that will help you excel in all the upcoming Teaching exams like SSC CGL,CHSL,CPO,Stenographer,MTS,Selection post and GD Constable etc
You get access to:
- 200+ Hours of Live Classes
- 300+ Recorded Videos
- 500+ Total Tests
- 100+ Ebooks
- Teacher's Class Notes/Slides.
Classes: Hindi and English (Bilingual)
Study Material: English and Hindi
Tests: English and Hindi
Validity: 1 Month
Offer available for ADDA247 APP. Download the APP Now.
2. Transverse waves can propagate—
A. not in a gas but in a metal
B. in a gas but not in a metal
C. neither in gas nor in metal
D. both in a gas and in a metal
3. Mechanical waves—
A. Transverse only
B. longitudinal only
C. can be both longitudinal and transverse
D. none of the above
4. Ultrasonic waves are those waves which—
A. Human beings can hear
B. Human beings cannot hear
C. Have large amplitude
D. Have high velocity
5. Ultrasonic waves can be detected by—
A. Quinck’s tube
B. Kundt’s tube
C. Hebb’s method
6. When a wave goes from one level to another, there is a change in the—
A. only (ii)
B. only (iv)
D. (i),(ii) and (iii)
7.Why are ultrasonic waves are used for stirring liquid solutions?
A. do not produce chemical reactions in the solution
B. can produce perfectly homogeneous solution
C. are easy to produce
D. do not produce noise during the operation
8. Sound can be transmitted as ?
A. Longitudinal mechanical waves
B. transverse mechanical waves
C. both (A) & (B)
D. Neither (A) nor (B)
9. Sound wave cannot pass through which of the following?
A. An ideal gas
B. A liquid gas mixture
C. A perfect vacuum
D. A solid-liquid mixture
10. The frequency of sound waves can be expressed in—
D. All of the above