Odisha SSC Food Safety Officer Recruitment 2021: Staff Selection Commission Odisha has published the recruitment notification for the post of Food Safety Officer on a Contractual basis under Commissioner Food Safety Odisha. A total of 35 vacancies are released through this recruitment process in various categories. Candidates need to apply online only from 26th July 2021 and the last date to apply online is 25th August 2021. The commission will conduct the OSSC Food Safety Officer selection process in three stages. The interested candidates must go through the details of the recruitment process provided below.
Odisha SSC Food Safety Officer Recruitment 2021: Important Dates
All the important dates published in the official notification have been provided in the below table.
|Notification Release Date||30th December 2020|
|Online Application Starts||26th July 2021|
|Last Date of Application||25th August 2021|
|Last date of Submitting the Application form||4th September 2021|
OSSC Food Safety Officer Vacancy 2021
The detailed vacancy distribution according to the category has been provided below. The total vacancies releasd are 35.
|Category||No. Of Vacancies|
OSSC Food Safety Officer Notification PDF
Odisha Staff Selection Commission has released the official notification for the recruitment of the Food Safety Officer on a contractual basis through the notification. The candidates can download the official notification from the below link.
OSSC Food Safety Officer Eligiblity Criteria
Before applying for any recruitment post the candidates must check and satisfy the eligibility criteria i.e educational qualification and age limit.
Age (As on 01.01.2020) :
- The minimum age is 21 years
- The maximum age is 32 years
- Age relaxation as per the rules.
- Candidates must have passed Degree in Food Technology/Dairy Technology/ Biotechnology/ Oil Technology/ Agricultural Science/ Veterinary Science/Biochemistry/Microbiology or Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from AICTE-approved institute/recognized Boards/State & Statutory University securing minimum 60% marks along with adequate knowledge in Computer Application.
- The applicant must have Odia as one of the subjects in the HSC or passed examination in Odia equivalent to M.E. standard or passed in Odia as language subject in final examination of Class-VII or passed a test in Odia in M.E. School Standard conducted by Education Department Govt. of Odisha on the date of the Application.
|General/ OBC||Rs. 200 /-|
|SC/ ST and Persons With Disabilities (PWD)||NIL|
How to Apply for OSSC Food Safety Officer Recruitment?
- Candidates need to visit the official website.
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ tab on the homepage of the website. A list of various examinations will appear. Find the link for the OSSC Food Safety Officer Recruitment examination 2021.
- Click on Registration and fill in all the necessary details.
- Candidates will be redirected to an online payment portal. They are required to pay the application fee through the options available.
- Once the online application procedure is complete, click on “I Agree” and you will receive your User ID and password to your registered mail and mobile number.
- Log in with the “User ID” and “Password” to submit the other personal information, qualification details, and required documents.
- Candidates can download the OSSC Food Safety Officer application form and keep it safe for future reference.
- The online application will begin on 26th July 2021.
OSSC Food Safety Officer Recruitment 2021 – Selection Process
The OSSC Food Safety Officer selection process consists of mainly three stages –
- Main Written Examination
- Computer Skill Test
- Document/Certificate Verification
The applicants that satisfy the eligibility criteria and have paid the application fee on time are granted the admit cards for the Main Written Exam. The written exam is conducted for 200 marks. The exam is divided into 2 parts:
- Paper I or the Composite Paper consists of four subjects – General Studies, Mathematics, Computer Application (Theory), and English.
- Paper-II or the Technical Paper consists of two subjects – Food Safety Regulations and Chemistry.
- The questions of both papers will be objective in nature.
- The total number of questions will be 200
- Each correct answer is awarded 1 mark
- There is no negative marking scheme in Paper I or Composite Paper
- Paper-II or the Technical Paper contains 0.25 negative marking for each wrong answer
- The duration of each paper will be 1 and half hours.
Computer Skill Test
This exam is qualifying in nature and candidates qualifying for the Main Written Exam will be qualified for the Computer Skill Test.
- The exam is of qualifying nature.
- The total marks of the exam will be 50
- The duration of the exam is of 1 hour
- The qualifying marks for the exam is 15
Those candidates who will qualify for the Computer Skill Test, need to attend the certificate verification on the dates stipulated by the Commission to be eligible for recruitment for the posts.
OSSC Food Safety Officer Recruitment 2021 – Syllabus
The detailed syllabus has been provided here so that candidates know about the examination.
Syllabus for Paper I or Composite Paper
|Computer Application (Theory)||
Syllabus for Paper-II or Technical Paper
Food Safety Standards, Acts, Rules, and Regulations
OSSC Food Safety Officer Recruitment 2021 FAQs
Q.What is the last date to apply online for OSSC Food Safety Officier Recruitment 2021?
Ans: The last date to apply online for OSSC Food Safety Officer is 25th August 2021.
Q. How many vacancies are available for the post of OSSC Food Safety Officer 2021?
Ans: A total number of 35 vacancies are released through this recruitment process.
Q. From when can the candidates apply for the OSSC Food Safety Officier Recruitment 2021?
Ans: From 26th July 2021 candidates can apply from the official website.