Nagaland Public Service Commission
Nagaland Public Service Commission is an organization of Nagaland responsible for conducting the exams for various administrative departments. It mainly recruits officers via the Civil Services Examination (NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services). In this article, we are providing you with all the details related to NPSC exams. Candidates can have a look at the exams and study accordingly. The appointment of selected candidates through NPSC exams will be done within the state of Nagaland. Check out the exams conducted by NPSC, its eligibility criteria, selection process and exam pattern.
|Authority||NPSC (Nagaland Public Service Commission)|
|State of Posting||Nagaland|
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
Exams conducted by NPSC
There are mainly 4 types of examinations conducted by the NPSC as given below:
- Lower Division Assistant-Cum-Computer Assistants Examination
- Combined Technical Services Examination
- Civil Services Examination (NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services)
- Common Educational Services Examination
Posts under NPSC
Some of the posts under Nagaland Public Service Commission are:
- Assistant Commissioner (Class-I Gazetted, Junior Grade) under Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department.
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Class-I Gazetted, Junior Grade) under Home Department, Police Establishment Branch.
- Assistant Election Officer (Class-II Gazetted) under the Election Department.
- Employment Officer (Class-II Gazetted) under Labour & Employment, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Department.
- Assistant Research Officer (Class-II Gazetted) under Art & Culture Department.
- Inspector (Class-II Gazetted) under Nagaland Lokayukta Directorate of Investigation.
- Superintendent/Enforcement Officer (Class-II Gazetted,) under Nagaland State Transport Department.
- Secretariat Assistant (Class-III Non-Gazetted) under Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department.
- Supply Inspector (Class-III Non-Gazetted) under the Food & Civil Supply Department.
- Labour Inspector (Class-III Non-Gazetted) under Labour & Employment, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Department.
- Assistant Professor
- Postgraduate teachers
- LDA-Cum Computer Assistant
NPSC Civil Services Examination Eligibility criteria
Educational qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a Recognized University.
Age Limit: The minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum age limit is 30 years.
NPSC Civil Services Examination Selection Process
There are 3 stages of the recruitment process:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
NPSC CSE Preliminary Examination
The Preliminary examination of NPSC CSE will comprise of one paper of objective type (MCQ with OMR Answer Sheet) carrying a maximum of 200 marks to be attempted in the duration of 3 hours. This Examination will act as a screening test only and the marks obtained in the preliminary examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
Syllabus for Preliminary Exam
1.General Science: General appreciation and understanding of science, including matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.*
2. History: Broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, political aspects, social and cultural heritage of India, emphasizing unity in diversity.
3. Nagaland: Social, cultural and heritage of its people.
4. Geography: Geography of India including the physical, social, economic, geography and on the main features of Indian agricultural and natural resources.
5. Indian Polity and Economy: Country’s political, Executive, Judicial System, Local Bodies, Rural and Community Development and Economic Planning in India.
6. Indian National Movement: Nature and character of the Nineteenth-century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of independence.
7. General Mental Ability Test: Analysis of classified data, logical and behavioural reasoning, analogies, basic arithmetic, numerical ability and basic concept of computers.
8. Current events: Latest development on all the fields detailed above including science and technology and environmental awareness.
NPSC CSE Mains Examination
The Main examination will consist of three papers, each for 200 marks:
- General Essay, Comprehension and Grammar.
- General Studies Paper-I in objective type (MCQ- with OMR Sheet) and
- General Studies Paper-II in descriptive form of short and long answer type.
For more details regarding the NPSC examinations, stay tuned on this page.