National Education Day 2022: Every year on November 11 to commemorate Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s birth anniversary, National Education Day is observed. From 1947 to 1958, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad served in the cabinet of Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru as India’s first minister of education. The first education minister of independent India, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, who served from 15 August 1947 until 2 February 1958, is remembered with the yearly celebration of National Education Day in India. Every year on November 11, India celebrates National Education Day.
National Eduaction Day 2022: Date
On September 11, 2008, the Ministry of Human Resource Development announced: “The Ministry has chosen to remember this outstanding son of India’s commitment to the cause of education in India in honour of his birthday. From 2008 onward, November 11 will be recognised annually as National Education Day and made a holiday.” All of the nation’s educational institutions observe the day with lectures, symposiums, essay-writing and elocution competitions, workshops, rallies, and banner cards and slogans highlighting the value of literacy and the devotion of the country to all facets of education.
National Eduaction Day 2022: History
Azad was a reformer and a liberation warrior who vowed to use education to strengthen his country. From August 15, 1947, to February 2, 1958, he was minister of education. During this time, the UGC, AICTE, Kharagpur Institute of Higher Education, Secondary Education Commission, and University Education Commission were all founded. Azad also had a big impact on the founding of other important educational institutions, like Jamia Millia Islamia and IIT Kharagpur.
National Eduaction Day 2022: Significance and Facts
- In 2008, the Ministry of Human Resource Development declared November 11 to be National Education Day in memory of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
- In schools, National Education Day is observed by holding a variety of engaging and educational seminars, symposia, essay contests, rallies, etc.
- Together, students and instructors spread the word about the value of reading and the nation’s dedication to all facets of education.
- National Education Day’s 2018 theme is “Changing Course, Transforming Education.”
- This theme emphasises the necessity of reforming the educational system and modernising it.
National Eduaction Day 2022: Quotes
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”– Mahatma Gandhi
“Educationists should be able to build the creative spaces for inquiry, morality, and leadership for students and become role models for them to follow”.– Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
“One who is not moved by music is unsound of mind and intemperate; is far from spirituality and is denser than birds and beasts because everyone is affected by melodious sounds.” – Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
About Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, full name, Abul Kalam Ghulam Muhiyuddin Ahmed bin Khairuddin Al-Hussaini Azad was a proponent of Indian independence, an Islamic theologian, a writer, and a prominent member of the Indian National Congress.
- He died on February 22, 1958. He was appointed First Minister of Education in the Indian government after India attained independence.
- He was known as Maulana Azad, an honorific that means “Our Master,” and he used the name Azad (Free) as his pen name.
- His contribution to laying the groundwork for India’s educational system is honoured by the country’s celebration of his birthday as National Education Day.
- Azad wrote poems in Urdu and treatises on philosophy and religion when he was a young man.
- He gained notoriety through his job as a journalist, where he published articles denouncing the British Raj and supporting Indian nationalism.
- Azad rose to prominence as the head of the Khilafat Movement, which allowed him to work closely with Mahatma Gandhi. He grew closer to the Congress after the Khilafat Movement’s collapse.
Azad organised the non-cooperation campaign in opposition to the 1919 Rowlatt Acts and grew to be an ardent admirer of Gandhi’s principles of nonviolent civil disobedience. Azad vowed to uphold Gandhi’s principles, which included advancing Swadeshi goods and the cause of Indian Swaraj. At the age of 35 in 1923, He assumed the position of President of the Indian National Congress at the age of 32.
Azad was chosen in October 1920 to serve on the foundation committee for the Jamia Millia Islamia in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, without the assistance of the British colonial administration. In 1934, he helped with the relocation of the university’s campus from Aligarh to New Delhi. He is honoured by having his name on the main entrance (Gate No. 7) of the university’s main campus.
National Eduaction Day 2022: FAQs
Ques. When is National Education Day 2022 in India?
Ans. On Friday, November 11, 2022, India will observe National Education Day. The day is commemorated annually with a particular theme. The theme for National Education Day 2022 has not yet been revealed for this year.
Ques. When is National Education Day?
Ans. Every year on November 11, National Education Day is observed to honour Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, India’s first minister of education, and his contributions to society.
Ques. Why is National Education Day celebrated on Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s birthday?
Ans. Thus, it is appropriate to honour the legacy of the man who created India’s educational prowess by designating every year’s National Education Day in his honour. In India, National Education Day is observed on the day Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was born.
Ques. What is the significance of International Education Day in India?
Ans. The day is also regarded as a chance to honour Abul Kalam’s role in building an independent India’s educational foundation and in assessing and enhancing the nation’s present performance in the subject. India struggled to thoroughly restructure and stabilise its institutions and industries after gaining independence in 1947.