National Constitution Day 2022
National Constitution Day 2022: The Union Cabinet decided to declare November 26 as Constitution Day in May of 2015 in order to promote “constitutional principles among inhabitants” on the 125th birth anniversary of Dr. BR Ambedkar’s.
The day was founded in the year 2015 that commemorate the 125th birthday of BR Ambedkar, the head of the constitutional drafting committee. Jawaharlal Nehru, Vallabhbhai Patel, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, and others were also members of the Constitution-drafting committee.
National Constitution Day 2022: About Indian Constitution
- The Indian Constitution is the world’s longest written constitution. The Indian Constitution took roughly 2 years, 11 months, and 18 days to prepare. The handwritten original of the constitution is still on display in the Library of Parliament.
- Prem Narayan Raizada wrote the original draughts of the Indian Constitution, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar is recognised as the father of that document. Every page of the constitution is framed in gold leaf, and each chapter’s first page features some sort of artwork.
- The Government of India Act 1935 served as the foundation for the Indian Constitution’s fundamental design.
- It stipulated the creation of all-Indian federations with units made up of provinces and princely states and divided authority between the federal government and the states.
National Constitution Day 2022: 26th November National Law Day
The 26th of November is National Law Day. The primary goals of Constitution Day are to spread constitutional ideals and raise awareness of the Constitution among Indian citizens. The Indian Constitution is the largest and most extensive constitution in the world, according to Sir Ivor Jennings, is a detriment and a haven for lawyers.
National Constitution Day 2022: Significance
- The National Constitution Day 2022 is the day when the country’s Constituent Assembly officially ratified the current constitution. November 26 is a very significant day for independent India. The constitution’s essential rights now serve as the citizens’ shield, and its fundamental obligations serve as a reminder of our duties. The Indian Constitution Day is observed.
- Every year on November 26, India celebrates its Constitution Day. The 26th of November used to be recognized as National Law Day.
- It was determined that Constitution Day would be observed on November 26 each year in 2015. The primary goals of Constitution Day are to spread constitutional ideals and raise awareness of the Constitution among Indian citizens.
- The Ministry of Social Justice made the decision to begin commemorating Constitution Day on November 26 on November 19, 2015, and this day has been designated as such ever since.
National Constitution Day 2022: History
India attained independence on August 15, 1947, and we commemorate Republic Day on January 26, 1950, the day the Indian Constitution comes into effect. The Constituent Assembly made its demand in 1934. Let us tell you that the idea was first proposed by M.N. Roy, the leader of the communist party. The Congress party took it up, and in 1940, the British government ultimately agreed to the proposal. In the August offer, Indians are permitted to design the Indian Constitution.
The Constituent Assembly convened for the first time before independence on December 9th, 1946. Dr. Sachchidananda Sinha served as the Constituent Assembly’s first president. A Drafting Committee was created on August 29, 1947.
Dr. Sachchidananda Sinha served as the Constituent Assembly’s first president. A Drafting Committee was established on August 29, 1947, with Dr. B.R. Ambedkar served as its chairman. The Committee completed its work on November 26, 1949. The process was finished on January 24, 1950, when the participants signed two handwritten versions of the agreement, one in Hindi and one in English. The Assembly held its inaugural meeting in New Delhi on December 9th, 1946, and continued there till January 24th, 1950. Over the course of this period, 11 sessions totaling roughly 166 days were held. Between adoption and implementation, a comprehensive reading and translation from English to Hindi was completed. The Indian Constitution became enforceable as the supreme law of the land on January 26, 1950.
National Constitution Day 2022: FAQs
- When is National Constitution Day celebrated?
Ans: National Constitution Day 2022 is celebrated on 26th November. On the occasion of 125th birth anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, father of Indian Constitution. The Union cabinet declared 26th November as National Constitution Day in May 2015.
2. Who is known as the Father of the Indian Constitution 2022?
Ans: Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar is called as the father of Indian constitution.
3. How many parts, articles are there in the constitution of India 2022?
Ans: The Indian constitution now has 25 parts and 12 schedules. The original text of the Indian Constitution contained 395 articles in 22 parts and eight schedules. The Indian Constitution came into effect on January 26, 1950, the day that India celebrates each year as the Republic Day. The number of articles now increased to 448 due to 100 amendments.
4. Who wrote the Indian Constitution?
Ans: The Indian Constitution was calligraphed by Prem Behari Narain Raizada. The original copy of the Indian Constitution was handwritten by him in a flowing italic style. The original version of the Indian Constitution was beautified and decorated by artists from Shantiniketan including Nand Lal Bose and Beohar Rammanohar Sinha.
5. What are the 7 fundamental rights of the Indian Constitution?
Ans: The Seven fundamental rights provided by the Indian Constitution are: right to equality, right to freedom, right against exploitation, right to freedom of religion, cultural and educational rights, right to property and right to constitutional remedies.
To get more updates click on the links below:
|Complete FIFA World Cup Winners List From 1930 To 2022||ISRO To Launch 9 Satellites On 26 November, Know All About Launch|
|FIFA World Cup 2022 Schedule PDF, Date And Full Match List||‘Naseem Al Bahr’: India Participated In Bilateral Exercise With Oman|