National Constitution Day 2022
National Constitution Day 2022: The Union Cabinet in May 2015 declared 26th November as Constitution Day in order to promote “constitutional principles among citizens” on the 125th birth anniversary of Dr. BR Ambedkar’s, the head of the constitutional drafting committee.
We all have heard a lot about the Constitution of India. Do you know the original draft of the Indian Constitution was hand written? Here we bring 10 facts about the Indian constitution on the occasion of National Constitution Day 2022 to help you improve your knowledge about your beloved nation.
National Constitution Day 2022: 10 Facts about Indian constitution
- The Indian Constitution is the world’s longest written constitution.
- The Indian Constitution was drafted over the course of about 2 years, 11 months, and 18 days, as everyone should be aware.
- The Indian constitution’s original draft was handwritten.
- The Library of Parliament is home to the original Constitutional documents. Helium is used to fill the box that contains it, which is covered with flannel cloth and packed with naphthalene balls.
- Every page of the constitution is framed in gold leaf, and each chapter’s first page features some sort of artwork.
- Prem Narayan Raizada, a well-known author, had created the early draughts of the constitution.
- The Government of India Act 1935 served as the foundation for the Indian Constitution’s fundamental design.
- Important provisions of our constitution were taken from those of several other nations. Including, among others, the fundamental duties of the Soviet Union, Emergency provisions from Germany, Directive principles of policy from Ireland, the Republican system of government from France, and a Concurrent list from Australia.
- Other examples include the fundamental rights and independent judiciary from the United States, the parliamentary system from Britain and the office of the President, the federal government system from Canada, the constitutional amendment system from Africa, the fundamental duties from the Soviet Union.
- The elaborateness of the Indian Constitution might be considered both a flaw and a haven for lawyers, according to Sir Ivor Jennings, who claimed it to be the world’s largest and most thorough constitution.
To know more, read: