MPPSC Exams: Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) conducts exams for the recruitment of eligible officers to the administrative departments of Madhya Pradesh. The recruitment exam is conducted annually. MPPSC recruitment consists of Prelims, Mains and interview round.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation in the country, Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) has decided to postponed the MPPSC 2020 recruitment exams. The commission will release fresh exam dates with a revised schedule later on its official site. Candidates are advised to stay tuned and keep checking the official website regularly for further updates regarding MPPSC 2020 exams.
|Name Of The Exam||State Service Exam|
|Conducting Body||Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|MPPSC Exam Pattern||
|Age Limit||21 years- 40 years|
MPPSC Exams: Eligibility Criteria
- Citizenship: The candidates who want to apply for the posts under MPPSC must be the citizen of India.
- Age Limit: Checking age limit is another step in the eligibility process. The candidates who are to apply for the posts under MPPSC must be above the age of 21 years but under 40 years of age to apply. The cut-off date for the eligibility is informed to the candidates in the notification. The candidates must check out the age before applying for the exam. Age relaxation for reserved categories is as per the govt rules.
MPPSC Exams: Educational Qualification
- To be eligible for the MPPSC Exams, candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognised University or equivalent qualification.
- Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications, that are recognized by the state government as equivalent to a professional or technical degree.
MPPSC Exams: Selection Process
The MPPSC recruitment examination shall consist of two successive stages as under
- Preliminary Examination- for selection of candidates for the Main Examination (Objective type questions).
- Main Examination: Candidates who clear the prelims exam, qualify for the mains exam. Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of the cutoff in Prelims exam will have to appear for the Mains exam. A cutoff will be specified by MPPSC for state service mains exam and the candidates shall be shortlisted for the interview on the basis of the cutoff.
- Interview: Candidates who clear the Mains exam have to appear for the Interview round for the final selection
MPPSC Exams: Exam Pattern
- Prelims Exam
|Subject||Total Number of Questions & Marks per Question||Maximum Marks/ Duration|
|General Studies||100 Questions – 2 Marks for each question||200/2Hours|
|General Aptitude Test||100 Questions – 2 Marks for each question||200/2Hours|
- The total time duration of the exam is 4 hours or 240 minutes.
- There is no negative marking in MPPSC 2020.
- Question Paper will be available in both English and Hindi Languages.
- Mains Exam
|Paper 1 – General Studies I||3 Hours||300|
|Paper 2 – General Studies II||3 Hours||300|
|Paper 3 – General Studies III||3 Hours||300|
|Paper 4 – General Studies IV||3 Hours||200|
|Paper 5 – General Hindi||2 Hours||200|
|Paper 6 – Hindi Essay Writing||2 Hours||100|
MPPSC Exams: Syllabus
- Prelims Exam
- General Science and Environment.
- Current Events of National & International Importance.
- History of India and Independent India.
- Indian Polity and Economy.
- Geography. History and Culture of M.P.
- Polity and Economy of M.P.
- Information and Communication Technology.
General Aptitude Test
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy.
- Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level).
General Studies I
History & Culture World History Indian History Moguls and their administration Impact of British Rule on Indian economy and society, Indian ‘Renaissance: Emergence of India as a Republic. Indian Culture, Heritage Geography Water Management, Disaster & its Management
General Studies II
- Constitution, the Political and Administrative Structure of Governance.
- Security issues: External and Internal.
- Social & Some important Legislation
- Social Sector – Health, Education & Empowerment
- Education systems
- Human resource development
- Welfare programs
- Public Services
- Public Expenditure and Accounts
- International Organizations
General Studies III
- Reasoning and Data Interpretation
- Emerging Technologies
- Environment and Sustainable Development
- Indian Economy
General Studies IV
- Human needs and motivation
- Philosophers/Thinkers, Social workers/Reformers
- Emotional intelligence
- Case studies
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the selection process for MPPSC Recruitment?
MPPSC recruitment consists of Prelims, Mains and Interview round.
Q. What is the age limit to be eligible for the MPPSC Recruitment?
The candidates who are to apply for the posts under MPPSC must be above the age of 21 years but under 40 years of age to apply.
Q. Is there any negative marking in the prelims exam?
No, there is no negative marking for the prelims exam