| Updated On January 14th, 2020 at 05:57 pm
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam 2019-20 will be held from 2nd-11th March 2020 where the eligible candidates willing to work under the Government of India will appear for one of the most prestigious examinations. Lakhs of aspirants applied for this recruitment in the hope of getting selected to various Group B & C posts. SSC CGL Tier 1 exam consists of 4 sections with 100 questions that account for a total of 200 marks. With such a major examination to be held in the upcoming months, there are mistakes that aspirants tend to make while preparing for the SSC CGL exam. In this post, we are providing you with the 10 common mistakes that must be avoided to get success in the SSC CGL exam 2019-20.
Mistakes To Avoid While Preparing For SSC CGL Exam
1. Not sticking to the syllabus while preparing
Candidates must go through the SSC CGL syllabus in detail. Aspirants make the mistake of not going through the syllabus properly and study irrelevant topics that are not even asked by the SSC. Focus on the topics in detail and work on the relevant topics asked in the exam.
2. Not appearing for enough mock tests
When preparing for SSC CGL exam, one must not neglect the importance of mock tests. Practising online mocks will help you when appearing for the real exam and also in improvizing your weaker areas to score better marks. One must appear for at least one mock daily with proper analyzation for over a month.
3. Not giving enough time for revision
Last-minute revision is a crucial part of succeeding in SSC CGL exam. Study in such a manner that a few days before the exam are left for revision. Revise all the important topics including formulas & general awareness topics before appearing in SSC CGL Tier 1.
- Attempt Free Quantitative Aptitude Quiz (Arithmetic)
- Attempt Free Quantitative Aptitude Quiz (Advanced)
- Attempt free Reasoning quiz for SSC
- Attempt free English Quiz for SSC
- Attempt free GK quiz for SSC
4. Studying from various sources
Stick to one source whether it’s the study material or books that you are reading from. Make sure you follow only one app to solve quizzes and study material. Reading from n number of sources will only complicate things and you may end of getting in a messed up situation.
5. Not understanding the basic concepts & mugging up short tricks
To ace any exam with flying colors, one must have a strong foundation. Strengthen your basic concepts first and then move on to the short tricks. Don’t make the mistake of mugging up the short tricks and not knowing the concept behind it.
6. Not analyzing the mock tests
After appearing for a mock test, make sure to analyze your performance. It is mandatory to know your weaker areas and work on them. Aspirants often make the mistake of just attempting the mock test and don’t analyze it properly.
7. Panicking before the exam
Many aspirants panic before the exam which may affect the overall performance of the candidates. Aspirants need to remain calm and stay positive while preparing for the exam. Patience is the key factor to success when it comes to the SSC exams.
8. Not following a proper study plan
A proper study plan must be followed for the complete preparation of the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam. SSCADDA is providing 2 study plans- one for beginners and the other for Advanced Level preparation. It consists of daily quizzes and free PDFs that will help you practice daily. Beginners must start with the Beginners’ study plan and then move on to the advanced ones.
9. Not analyzing the previous year papers & cut off
Before attempting the mock tests, one must go through the previous years papers and cut off to get an idea of the type of questions asked over the years. Click on the links given below to check the previous year cut offs of SSC CGL and download the free PDFs of SSC CGL previous year papers.
- SSC CGL Cut Off | Comparison with Previous Years
- SSC CGL Previous Year Exam Analysis
10. Appearing for different exams simultaneously
While appearing for SSC exams, candidates must focus solely on one exam. Appearing for different exams simultaneously will only result in creating confusion. SSC CGL & SSC CHSL exams can be prepared in one go but appearing for banking exams along with SSC exams is a big mistake that aspirants do these days. If you are a serious aspirant for SSC CGL, then you must focus on one goal and not try to sail on two boats.
- How to Score 40+ Marks in Quant Section of SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam 2019
- How to Score 40+ marks in English Section of SSC CGL Tier-1 2019
- SSC CGL Salary: Check Post Wise Salary Structure
- SSC CGL Vacancy 2019: Check Expected Vacancies for 2019-20
- SSC Latest Calendar 2019-2021