Directions (1 to 20) : Some of the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has error and answer the appropriate letter (A, B, C). If there is no error, give the answer corresponding to (D).
1. Seventy-five years (A)/old people and above (B)/ are not allowed to take ride in the amusement park.(C)/No error(D)
2. She counted the books(A)/to make sure that(B)/none of them were missing.(C)/No error./(D)
3. It being a holiday(A)/every student wanted to leave(B)/for their hometown.(C)/No error(D)
4. There is no doubt(A) /that the Pacific is(B) / the largest of all other oceans. (C)/No error (D)
5. They enjoyed(A)/during their (B)/stay in England. (C)/ No error(D)
6. The clothes were(A)/ neatly hanged(B)/on the cloth-line.(C)/No error(D)
7. Nuclear fission or the splitting(A)/ of the atom are when the nucleus of an atom,(B)/ having captured a neutron, splits into two or more nuclei. (C)/No error (D)
8. No sooner the news appeared in the paper than(A)/there was a rush(B)/at the counter. (C)/No error (D)
9. They appointed(A)/him as a manager (B)/ as he is efficient and laborious.(C)/No error(D).
10. The prices of this article(A)/ varies considerable (B)/in different parts of the country. (C)/No error. (D)
11. I lived in a three-hundred (A)/ years old house (B)/ in Bombay. (C)/ No error. (D)
12. Even though he was over ninety (A)/he still enjoyed reading novels (B) / and sometimes spend an evening at the cinema (C)./No error. (D)
13. Our teacher often emphasizes on (A)/ the need for (B)/a lot of written practice. (C)/ No error(D)
14. He told me that(A)/he couldn’t buy the paintings which he wanted very much (B)/because he hadn’t enough money.(C) No error (D).
15. Although he had worked hard (A)/and was understanding as much about the (B)/ subject as I did, he failed to get even a second class in the examination.(C)/No error (D)
16. If you do not agree to my request(A)/ then I shall be (B)/ forced to take drastic measures.(C)/No error (D)
17. She has told me that her brother might have done much better (A)/at the university last year(B)/had he not given so much time to the students union.(C)/No error (D)
18. Surekha was trying for admission in the Engineering college(A)/ even though her parents wanted(B) / her to take up medicine.(C)/No error (D)
19. There is no book (A)/in English language (B)/ which is as interesting as this. (C)/No error (D)
20. There was a number of conferences(A)/ which produced little(B)/of practical value.(C)/No error (D)