List of SSC Chairman (1976-2020)
Staff Selection Commission has a chairman who manages the activities to be conducted by the commission. The commission is under the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) which consists of a Chairman, two Members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations. The post is equivalent to the level of Additional Secretary to the Government of India. The last SSC chairman was B R Sharma who was relieved from the post of Chairman on May 24th 2020. Now, SSC is yet to appoint the SSC new chairman who will be serving the commission.
SSC Chairman List (1976-2020)
The first SSC Chairman who served was Saiyid Hamid appointed in 1976. He served the office for four years and completed his tenure in 1980. Candidates can go through the complete list for the Chairman for SSC listed below with the names and tenure of office:
|List of SSC Chairman|
|Sl. No||Names of Chairman||Appointed In||Served Till|
|1.||Shri Saiyid Hamid||July 1st 1976||June 16 1980|
|2.||Smt. Inderjit Kaur||July 10 1980||July 10 1985|
|3.||Shri S.C. Mittal||July 23 1985||July 23 1990|
|4.||Shri S.N. Bajpe||July 23 1990||July 12.1994|
|5.||Shri B. Sankaran||November 28 1994||November 9 1998|
|6.||Shri K.M. Lal||November 1 1999||June 21 2002|
|7.||Shri B.K. Misra||June 24 2002||October 19 2004|
|8.||Shri Prakash Chander*||December 20 2004||November 23 2005|
|9.||Shri I.M.G. Khan**||November 28 2005||January 12 2006|
|10||Shri Brahm Dutt**||January 13 .2006||October 30 2006|
|11.||Dr. (Smt.) C T Misra||October 30 2006||October 27 2008|
|12.||Smt. Vibha Puri Das**||October 29 2008||April 23 2009|
|13.||Shri N.K. Raghupathy||April 24.2009||March 2 2013|
|14.||Shri A. Bhattacharyya||March 20 2013||December 2 2015|
|15.||Shri Ashim Khurana||December 9 2015||October 24 2019|
|16.||Braj Raj Sharma||October 24 2019||May 24 2020|
SSC Exams are held for the recruitment of the following posts
- Lower Division Clerks in various Ministries and Departments including those participating in the Central Secretariat Clerical Service or Indian Foreign Service, Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Service and Armed Forces Headquarters Clerical Service;
- Grade “C” and Grade ‘D” Stenographers
- Assistants in the various Ministries/Departments including those participating in the Central Secretariat Service/ IFS/ Railway Board Secretariat Service/Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service;
- Inspectors of Central Excise, Inspectors of Income-Tax, Preventive Officers and Examiners in different Custom Houses, Assistant Enforcement Officers
- Sub-Inspectors in the Central Bureau of Investigation and Central Police Organisations;
- Divisional Accountants, Auditors and Accountants under the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India & other Accounts Departments
- Upper Division Clerks in Attached and Subordinate Offices of the Government of India.
- Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical) in CPWD, a Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial, General Central Services (Technical) post.
- Statistical Investigators, Grade IV of Subordinate Statistical Service (SSC), a Group ‘C’ non-gazetted, non-ministerial post in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Tax Assistant in various departments of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and Central Board of Excise and Customs
- Section Officer (Audit), a Group B Non-Gazetted post in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General.
- Section Officer, a Group “B” Non-gazetted post in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department
SSC Chairman FAQs
Q. Who is Braj Raj Sharma?
Braj Raj Sharma was the last SSC chairman who was relieved from the post on May 24th 2020.
Q. Who is the current chairman of SSC?
Currently, there is no chairman of SSC and it is yet to be appointed.
Q. Who was the first chairman of SSC?
The first SSC Chairman who served was Saiyid Hamid appointed in 1976.