Essential Services Available During 21-Days Lockdown
Coronavirus (Covid-19), an infectious disease that causes respiratory illness has affected more than 4 lakh people globally with total deaths reaching 19000. Countries all around the world are dealing with the crisis and finding ways to combat the fatal virus. India has also been trying to take appropriate measures to minimise the spread of Covid-19.
Currently, a total of 562 confirmed cases and 11 deaths have been reported in India. To combat the number of cases, PM Narendra Modi has announced nation wise lockdown for 21 days. The step has been taken to avoid the consequences and save the citizens from the disease. As 130 crore people enter into a lockdown, here is the list of essential services that will remain open for the convenience of people.
Healthcare Related Services
- Hospitals and all medical establishments will remain open, both in the public and private sector.
- Dispensaries, Chemist and medical equipment shops, laboratories, clinics, nursing homes, will remain functional.
- The transportation facilities for all medical personnel, nurses, paramedical staff, other hospital support services will be permitted.
Food and Groceries
- All Shops dealing with food items including ration shops, groceries, fruits, vegetables, dairy, milk booths, meat, fish, animal fodder.
- Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through e-commerce.
Commercial and Private Establishments
- Banks, insurance offices and ATMs will remain open.
- Petrol Pumps, LPG, Petroleum, gas retail and storage outlets.
- Power Generation, transmission and distribution units and services.
Mass Media and Communication
- Print and electronic media will remain functional.
- Telecommunications, internet services, broadcasting, cable services, IT Services (for essential services only)
Transportation facilities for all medical personnel and essential goods will be permitted.
- Manufacturing units of essential goods
- Production units (permitted by the state govt)
- Hotels, motels accommodating tourists and persons stranded
- Establishments used for quarantine facilities
Offices under Government of India
- Defence, CAPFs personnels
- Public utilities (Petroleum, CNG, LPG, PNG)
- Disaster management
- Post Offices
- National informatics centre
- Early warning agencies
Offices under State/UT Governments
- Police, home guards, fire and emergency services
- Electricity, water, sanitation
- Municipal bodies
In order to implement the measures during the lockdown, department officials will work in the specified areas. Strict action will be taken against people violating the rules. People are advised to stay at their homes as social distancing is the only way to come out of this situation and beat Covid-19.