Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Graduate Level exam every year to fulfill vacancies in various Central Government Departments. SSC CHSL Tier-II is a descriptive type exam in which Essay writing, Letter writing is asked. The Staff Selection Commission or SSC is one of the leading Govt. Organizations that are responsible for employing the candidates for the service of the nation. It conducts a no. of exam for the graduates, 12th Pass, and 10th Pass candidates annually.
SSC CHSL 2019 TIER I exam was conducted from 17th to 19th March 2020 then due to pandemic the exam later conducted from 12th October 2020 to 26th October 2020. The TIER II of the SSC CHSL has been scheduled for 14th February 2021. TIER II is a descriptive type of examination. The candidates qualifying for the TIER I of the examination will be able to appear for the TIER II.
To help the aspirants in writing the paper & score well, we are providing the last minute tips for SSC CHSL descriptive paper.
SSC CHSL Tier-2 Descriptive Paper:
- SSC CHSL TIER II is a descriptive type of test i.e. pen and paper mode.
- In order to assess the writing skills of candidates in English/Hindi, the candidates have to qualify for Tier-II.
- This written test comprises an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of about 150-200 words.
- The minimum marks that a candidate needs to score in SSC CHSL Tier-II are 33 percent.
- The total time duration of the exam is of 60 minutes and the total marks are 100 marks.
SSC CHSL Tier-2 Descriptive Paper: Last Minute Tips
The choice will be there between English Language and Hindi Language. Candidates can write the paper in either English or Hindi language as per their convenience.
- The first preference should be given to essays as it asks for time to let out creative writing skills. Then go for letter writing/precis writing.
- It is very important to choose the topic on which you have to start writing. You should have a thorough knowledge of the topic.
Correct Knowledge of Format:
- In the essay, introduce your knowledge about the topic right from the beginning paragraph. Concise and informational sentences with apt grammatical usage are the key to enthuse impression. An essay may contain 3-4 paragraphs.
- Put your information clear and deep in knowledge of topics.
- In the first paragraph, you just need to put your strong argument based on the topic asked for to write about, next comes the body which demands the pivotal essence. The weak argument should be a part of the ending paragraph. In conclusion, provide the summary of the introduction and the body content.
Avoid Exceeding Word Limit:
- While writing an essay avoid introducing excessive and useless information as the word limit is 250 words and it has to be precise enough. An essay comprises Introduction, Body Content, and Conclusion. Allot 50-50 words to introduction and conclusion and rest to the body content.
- Use eloquent vocabulary to escape long sentences. Make each sentence pertinent enough to convey vital information. Exceeding word limits would bring no advantage but ensnare you in trouble.
- With 150 words limit, letter writing must cover the satiable cause behind it and laconic content.
Clear and Concise Information:
- Don’t write an angry, sarcastic, or threatening letter.
- Structure your letter properly.
- Be friendly and factual.
We wish all the very best to candidates who are going to appear for the exam on 14th February 2021 for the SSC CHSL TIER II descriptive paper.