SSC CGL Exam Preparation Strategy and Tips: SSC CGL Tier 1 exam will be conducted from 3rd March, 2020 to 9th March, 2020. Cracking SSC CGL Tier-I exam can be a challenge for many candidates since the level of competition for the exam is really high this year. With barely a week left for the exam, all the appearing candidates must now really focus on topics that will help them gain the most marks.
SSC CGL Tier-I exam is an objective exam that will be conducted online. The Tier 1 exam comprises of four sections and has 100 questions (25 questions in each section) that will account for a total of 200 marks (maximum 50 marks in each section). Candidates must keep in mind that there will be a negative marking of 0.5 marks for each wrong answer. The time duration of Tier-1 exam will be 60 minutes. SSCAdda is providing the strategy that candidates can use and score higher marks that will help them in Tier 2.
- Candidate must revise and practice only those topics which you have learned already. No new topic should be learned, only concepts and formulas should be revised.
- Study SSC CGL Previous years questions as much as you can.
- Do not panic and stay clam, your courage to keep going in spite of the dull moments, the power of your dreams will help you in achieving better marks.
- Candidate must at least give 1–2 mocks daily and analyze them properly by paying attention.
- Be confident and take proper sleep so that your mind doesn’t feel tired.
Let’s discuss subject wise strategy for SSC CGL exam preparation 2020. Most of the students find English Section very challenging, hence we will start by providing detailed information on the English Section.
- For Sentence Improvements, knowledge of tenses, sentence structure is required. So, learn and memorize important structures in the English language.
- For Error Detection, Knowledge of Subject-verb agreement, pronouns, adjectives, conjunctions, determiners, and tenses is required. Revise and learn all important rules for this section.
- For Fill in the blank type Questions, Focus on prepositions and vocabulary. Questions are asked from these two topics.
- For One Word Substitution, memorize important and frequently asked at least 300 words.
- For Idioms/Phrases, memorize important and frequently asked at least 300 words/phrases.
- For Comprehension, Practice mock tests. The trick is to read the questions first and then read the passage. This way you can save your precious time. your reading habits come handy in this section.
- For Antonym/Synonym/Spellings, learn, memorize and practice mock tests.
- Always maintain a personal vocab diary, note down all the important vocabulary that you encounter in your newspaper reading. This habit will benefit you a lot.
Attempt Free English topic wise quizzes
If you observe the pattern in last a few years, SSC has repeated many questions and most importantly the type of questions or theme is more or less same. Since you don’t have much time left, do not read any new topic. Whatever you have learned or practiced before, continue that only. Solve previous years questions. At ADDA247 and SSCADDA, we have provided ample study material, study notes on all SSC CGL Tier-1 subjects. You can attempt all these quizzes in just 6-8 min and you can check your speed and accuracy. Remember students, the SSC CGL Exam platform is same for all, only your speed and accuracy will create the difference between the winners and losers. of course, you all want to win with flying colors. But it’s not that easy.