Railway Recruitment Board released notification for Assistant Loco Pilot & Technicians on 2 February 2018 for 26,502 vacancies in toto. From making a number of assumptions till tentative exam dates by the Board, final exam dates for ALP and Technician Exam are now scheduled to be started from 9th August 2018. The information regarding the Railway Exam conduct to be held soon had already been notified in this ongoing month. It is expected that within past 6 months, preparation by all the ALP & Technician aspirants would be on its peak. But how to utilize remaining 15 days to convert all of your hard work into a conducive result and to ascertain your success in Railway Recruitment Board ALP & Technician Exam 2018, Last 15 Days Study Tips and Tricks by SSCADDA and team is the solution to all of these questions and will surely add up to ensure your chances of success if you follow them adamantly.
1. On the very first note, it is important to be aware of the pattern and syllabus of the exam you are going to appear for. You must have an in deep knowledge of the topics and chapters carrying heavy weightage in the exam. Be a proponent of smart study not hard. You will be awarded score for the correct answers corresponding to the questions asked in the exam not for your vast knowledge in out of the course subjective material. In a nutshell, rather than studying vast unimportant chapters, study the important chapters of exam course deeply.
2. As 75 questions from four mandatory sections viz. Mathematics, General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Science and General awareness on current affairs will be asked for 60 minutes duration, your foremost strategy should include proper distribution of time allotment to the particular sections. Solve Previous Years Railway Exam Questions to remain astute and play smart while solving shuffled pattern of questions. Time Management and Accuracy are the life lines of competitive exams hence practise enough to sharpen your skills to deal with it.
3. No matter how extraordinary you are, success in competitive exams is the outcome of long term practice and preparation. There is no magical formula that will make you win victory out of the blue. These last 15 days are to revise what you have studied and practised so far, to test yourself via Online Mock Tests, to play quizzes and to focus more on your way of dealing with questions while solving them rather than searching for accumulated books and planning to study them.
4. Cherish your skills in particular subjects but don’t dismay over your weakness in other subjects. Instead being diffident, work more on the subjects which bring down your confidence. For instance, if you are gifted with logical mind and Maths and Reasoning are the two sections that fascinate you the most, prioritize General Science and General Awareness on Current Affairs in your study time table. Also, General Science and General Awareness can make or mar your chances of success in the exam. Revise the notes, read current events, information, personality, awards, summits etc. from past 7-8 months. Read General Science important questions which have been asked frequently in ALP & Technician previous years Exams
5. As RRB ALP & Technician First Stage CBT Exam is only qualifying in nature, your calculation for final selection changes automatically here. Remain farsighted to perform excellently in Second Stage CBT Exam but at the same time give your best to get at least minimum percentage of marks to be qualified for ALP & Technician Second Stage CBT Exam. As minimum percentage of marks for eligibility for various categories in RRB ALP & Technician Exam is UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST -25%. Keep this in mind before appearing for the exam and perform justifiably. Avoid answering questions you have no idea about as negative marking of 1/3 can cost you heavily.
6. Mental strength is as important as your strenuous preparation. Sleep well, drink adequate amount of water to keep your body at its best. Avoid anything and everything that distracts you, lower your confidence and besets your mental stability. Remain motivated, take recess for 15-20 minutes while studying. Do exercise in the morning and develop optimistic vision.
You may also like to read: