Dear Students, SSC CGL 2017 Notice is out and Now It is time to shed a light on all the posts of SSC CGL Exam. Most of the time students are not aware of the job profile and job nature, and they end up filling wrong preferences. So, This Article can save one or two years of your precious life. What We felt in these years is that there is little information available to aspirants about job profile. Whatever information is available on the internet is either too rosy or too gloomy. Hence, they do not present the actual scene. For every job to consider fit for yourself, first you need to know the pros and cons of that post and then evaluate them according to your personality, requirement, family life etc. Keep in mind that value for particular pros and cons also changes individually. For example, the value of exposure may not be the same for all people. Similarly, the value of Posting in the home state may not have same for all. So, evaluate pros and cons attached to every post and then decide carefully. Without evaluating at true level aspirants opt wrongly and then they have to appear for the exam next year.
In this article, Detail will be provided for the Post/Job offered by SSC Under
M/O statistics & prog. implementation
- Approximately, 80% of candidates selected for JSO profile, their posting are done through the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO)and the rest are appointed to different Ministries/Departments/Organisation within the Union Government.
- If the posting is in Ministries, the Officers have clerical job profile otherwise, you will be working either on Data Collection and Data Processing.
- Data Collection JSO Job Profile –
- An intensive field job handled by the FOD (Field Operations Division) of the NSSO.
- JSO are expected to conduct surveys and data collection drives for different governmental schemes, programmes, socio-economic factors, urban surveys and price indexes.
- Data Processing JSO Job Profile – A desk job under the NSSO non-field operations department and you will have to Prepare extensive data reports.
- The data compiled by them provides general estimates and parameters for the formulation of govt policies, schemes and programmes of the Government of India.
Salary and allowances:
- Pay Scale: Rs. 9,300 – 34,800/-
- Grade Pay: Rs. 4,200/-
- The salary breakdown of a Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) is as follows.
- DA on Total Pay above (around 107%)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- House Rent Allowance (if not provided with quarters)
- According to current pay scales, you would get a salary of around Rs. 30,000/- per month initially.
- The posting will be in the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO).
- Officers will be posted on a PAN India Basis.
- It takes around 5 to 8 years to get promoted to Senior Statistical Officer (Group B – Gazetted) position.
- The hierarchy is as follows:
- Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)
- Senior Statistical Officer (SSO)
- Assistant Director
- Deputy Director
- Joint Director
- Deputy Director General
- Additional Director General
- Director General
- The Promotion policy is designed on the basis of seniority and experience.