IRMS Notification 2022: Indian Railways has released detailed information about the IRMS i.e. Indian Railway Management Services Recruitment 2022 in the Gazette of India. According to the notification released Railways will be recruiting for the vacancies in Group ‘A’ Central service under UPSC CSE and ESE. The cabinet has approved the merging of 8 departments i.e. IRTS, IRPS, IRAS, IRSE, IRSME, IRSEE, IRSSE, and IRSS for the recruitment process through IRMS Recruitment 2022. Civil Services Examination- 2022 has released 150 vacancies for the Indian Railway Management Services for Group ‘A’. Candidates must bookmark this page to get regular updates regarding the IRMS Notification 2022.
IRMS Notification 2022: Overview
Indian Railways is soon recruiting the Engineers for the Group A recruitment. In this article, we have covered all the important information regarding the IRMS Recruitment Process released by the Ministery of Railways in the Gazette of India.
|Name of the Exam||Indian Railways Management System|
|Conducting body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Examination||IRTS, IRPS, IRAS,IRSE, IRSME, IRSEE, IRSSE, IRSS|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Mode of Examination||Offline/ Online|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
IRMS Notification 2022: Notification PDF
Indian Railway Management Services has released a notification in the Gazette of India related to the information for the detailed recruitment process of IRMS 2022 including the pay level vacancies, probation, and other details.
IRMS Notification 2022: Important Dates
IRMS Notification related to all the important dates will be updated soon in the table below.
|IRMS Official Notification||15th February 2022|
|Beginning of IRMS Application||Notify Soon|
|End of IRMS Application||Notify Soon|
|Release of IRMS Prelims Admit Card||Notify Soon|
|IRMS Prelims Exam||Notify Soon|
|IRMS Mains Exam||Notify Soon|
|IRMS Interview||Notify Soon|
IRMS Notification 2022: Vacancy Details
The IRMS Recruitment consists of the persons appointed to the Service under rule 6 shall stand constituted with the notification of these rules. The post under IRMS will be classified as Group A. The total number of vacancies released for IRMS under Civil Services is 150 vacancies. The category-wise bifurcation of vacancies is as follows: The details notice has been provided below. Candidates can download it from the below link.
|Category||No. of Post|
IRMS Notification 2022: Eligibility Criteria
Before going through the recruitment process of IRMS which is under Civil Services Examination 2022 has been provided below. The eligibility criteria are according to the notification released on the official website of UPSC dated 2nd February 2022.
IRMS Notification 2022: Educational Qualification
These are the qualification required for the IRMS Recruitment is as follows. The candidates need to submit the final mark sheet.
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline of Engineering from a recognized institute.
- Cleared sections A and B from the Institutions of Engineers (India).
- A degree or diploma in Engineering from a foreign college or university. It must be equivalent to the degree in India.
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India).
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers after 1959 (London).
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III or Sections A and B of Aeronautical Society of India.
IRMS Notification 2022: Age Limit
- The candidate should be the age of 21 years and need not have achieved in the age of 32 years.
- The upper age limit agreed beyond is relaxable for the following candidates which are 5 years for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe and 3 years for Other Backward Classes.
|Category||Relaxation in Years|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD/ Ex-Servicemen||5 years|
|Domicile of Jammu and Kashmir||5 years|
|Candidates who have worked in any government organization||5 years|
|Candidates who have worked in the government organization on a contractual basis for at least 3 years.||Number of Years of Service|
IRMS Notification 2022: Nationality
The nationality should be :
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan
- A subject of Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before January 01, 1962, with the intention to settle permanently in India.
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic
IRMS Notification 2022: Appointment Method
The appointment method for the information has been tabulated below. The other details will be updated soon with the release of the official notification in detail.
|Grade of the Duty||Name of Post||Appointment|
|Apex||–||By promotion and shall be governed by Railway Board‘s Resolutions are issued from time to time with the approval of ACC|
|HAG+||General Manager||By promotion and shall be governed by Railway Board‘s Resolutions are issued from time to time with the approval of ACC|
|HAG||Principal Chief Manager||By promotion and shall be governed by Railway Board‘s Resolutions are issued from time to time with the approval of ACC|
|Senior Administrative Grade||Cheif Manager||By promotion on the basis of selection.|
|Deputy Cheif Manager||By placement on the basis of seniority subject to suitability.|
|Deputy Chief Manager||By promotion on the basis of selection.|
|Senior Time Scale||Senior Manager or
|By promotion on the basis of selection.|
|Junior Time Scale||Assistant Manager||50 percent by direct recruitment through the Civil Services Examination as per age, educational qualifications, and other conditions as notified by the Central Government or Union Public Service Commission from time to time.|
IRMS Notification 2022: Exam Pattern
IRMS will be recruiting the candidates in three stages for which the exam pattern is as follows:
Here we are going to provide you with the exam pattern for the IRMS Recruitment 2022.
IRMS Notification 2022: Prelims Exam Pattern
- IRMS Prelims exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- The exam will be conducted as Paper I and Paper-II.
- There will be two papers in the Prelims exam.
- There will be 250 MCQ and answers to be filled in OMR Sheet provided.
- For each wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of ⅓rd mark.
|Papers||No. of Questions||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1 (General Studies & Engineering Aptitude)||100||2 hours||200|
|Paper 2 (Engineering Discipline)||150||3 hours||300|
|Total||250||5 hours||600 marks|
IRMS Notification 2022: Mains Exam Pattern
- IRMS Mains will have two papers from the opted Engineering discipline (Civil Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical/ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering).
- There will be 8 questions out of which candidates will have to attempt 5 questions.
- There will be no negative marking in this IRMS Mains exam.
- Candidates will have to answer in the English language only.
- Candidates must note that up to 5% marks may be deducted in case of illegible handwriting.
|IRMS Mains Exam Pattern 2022|
|Papers||No. of Questions||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1 (Engineering Discipline)||5 out of 8 Optional||3 hours||300|
|Paper 2 (Engineering Discipline)||5 out of 8 Optional||3 hours||300|
|Total||10 Questions||6 hours||600 marks|
IRMS Notification 2022: Interview
- This stage is also known as Personality Test.
- It will be the final stage of the IRMS recruitment exam.
- Only the candidates who pass the written exams will be called for the Interview round.
- The candidates will be marked out of 200 marks.
- In the Interview round, the following skills of the candidates will be assessed for Suitability, Mental caliber or Mental alertness, Leadership Qualities, Initiative & Intellectual Curiosity, Mental & Physical energy, and Other social traits and interesting current affairs.
IRMS Notification 2022: Physical Standards
For Indian Railway Management Service minimum standard for height and chest girth without which candidates cannot be accepted, are as follows. The details are as follows according to the notice released.
|Height||Chest girth fully expanded||Expansion|
|152 cm||84 cm||5 cm (men)|
|150 cm||79 cm||5 cm (for women)|
The below table contains the Standards for distant and near vision for IRMS.
|S. No.||Better Eye (Correct Vision)||Worse Eye|
|1||Distant vision||6/6 or 6/9||6/12 or 6/9|
|3||Types of corrections permitted||Spectacles, CL and Reiractive surgery* like Lasik, ICL,IOL etc|
IRMS Notification 2022: Pay Scale
The pay, increments, leave, pension, and other conditions of service of officers of the various grades shall be regulated in accordance with the Indian Railway Establishment Code Volume I and Volume II and Indian Railway Establishment Manual or other relevant instructions in force from time to time issued by the Government or Controlling Authority.
|Grade||Pay Band/scale in 6th CPC||Corresponding Level in
|Non-Functional Senior Grade||PB-4/37400-67000/GP-8700||Level-13|
|Senior Administrative Grade||PB-4/37400-67000/GP-10000||Level-14|
|Higher Administrative Grade||Rs. 67000-79000||Level-15|
|Higher Administrative Grade +||Rs.75500-80000||Level-16|
|Apex Leve||Rs. 80000||Level-17|
IRMS Notification 2022: Provident Fund and Pension
Candidates recruited to the Service will be governed by the New Pension Scheme of the Central Government. The detailed information will be updated soon.
IRMS Notification 2022: Probation
- The candidates appointed under IRMS will be under 2 years of probation period in which they will undergo 2 years of training.
- If the period of training has to be extended in any case due to the training having not been completed satisfactorily the total period of probation will be extended.
- Even if the work during the period of probation in the working is found not to be satisfactory, the total period of probation will be extended as considered.
IRMS Notification 2022: FAQ
Q. When will the detailed notification of IRMS Recruitment be out?
Ans: Indian Railways will soon release the IRMS Notification 2022.
Q. Which type of recruitment will be done by IRMS 2022?
Ans: The vacancies will be released for the engineers in Group A.