International Left-Handers Day: International Lefthanders Day is observed every year on August 13 to celebrate the uniqueness of left-handed people. This day was first observed in 1976 by Dean R Campbell. International Left-Handers Day is celebrated to raise awareness of the advantages and disadvantages of being left-handed in a predominantly right-handed world. On this day we ware providing some interesting and important information related to the international Left-Handers Day.
International Left-handers Day: History
International Lefthanders Day was launched by the Club as an annual event on 13th August, 1992 when lefthanders everywhere can celebrate their uniqueness and also increase awareness in the public about the advantages and disadvantages of being left-handed. The event is now celebrated worldwide. In the UK there have been more than 20 regional events to mark the day including left-v-right sports matches, a left-handed tea party, and nationwide “Lefty Zones” where lefthanders creativity, adaptability, and sporting prowess were celebrated, etc.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
International Left-handers Day: Struggles Faced by Left-Handers
- Finding a comfortable desk position: If you are a left-hander, you’ll know the difficulty of writing on a desk that really only works for a right-hander. The amount of time one spends on adjusting and trying to find the perfect angle.
- Handling household equipment: Most of the kitchen equipment and basic household tools such as Scissors, tweezers, bottle openers are designed keeping right-handed people in mind. It is difficult to find a pair of scissors that works for a left-hander, and doesn’t hurt their fingers. Even Computer keyboards and mouses are right-handers friendly.
- Public transport: The ticket barriers at metro stations typically have the scanner on the right side. Therefore, a left-handed person, who might instinctively put their metro card or the coin towards the left, will simply open the gate for someone else.
- Elbow wars and being pushed to the far left: Left-handed people always have to be conscious about which side they want to sit. Dining out with friends and family, they have to make sure that their elbows do not clash with someone else who is eating with their right hand, for which they prefer a seat in the far corner.
International Left-handers Day: Famous Left-handers
- Barack Obama
- Bill Gates
- Mark Zuckerberg
- Prince William
- Angelina Jolie
- Lady Gaga
- Oprah Winfrey
- Marie Curie
- Albert Einstein
- Hellen Keller
- Lewis Carroll
- Leonardo Da Vinci
- Amitabh Bachchan
- Sachin Tendulkar
International Left-handers Day: Interesting Facts
- Around 10 per cent of people worldwide are left-handed.
- Science confirms that Left-handed people are more intelligent and creative thinkers.
- Left-Handers use the right side of their brain more, which makes them more inclined towards Art
- Lefties have better underwater-vision than right-handed people
- The connection between the left and right sides of the brain is better in left-handers.
- Lefties are efficient at multitasking and also have abetter memory compared to the righties
- They are deemed to be more skilled in terms of language, left-handers are also considered to be better leaders.
- Lefties are also great at sports like baseball, players, tennis, swimming, boxing and fencing.
- Lefties are more prone to migraines and sleep deprivation problems, however, they recover faster from injuries
- Left-handers also face a higher risk of insomnia, psychosis and alcoholism