In the prevailing scenario, we know we have many reasons to be mad about the situation of our country. But it’s always better to look at positive side and be happy and proud about it, then to look at the negative side and criticise. So, enlisting below just few of the many positive points about INDIA.
1. India is the world’s largest, oldest, continuous civilization.
2. India is the world’s Largest democracy.
3. India never invaded any country in her last 1000 years of history.
4. India invented the number system. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.
5.When many cultures were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley (Indus Valley Civilization)
6. There are 300,000 active mosques in India , more than in any other country, including the Muslim world
7. Sanskrit is the mother of all the European Languages . Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software – a report in Forbes magzine July 1987.
8. Chess (Shataranja or AshtaPada) was invented in India.
9. India has the second largest pool of Scientist and Engineers in the World.
10. India is the largest English speaking nation in the world.
11. India is the only country other than US and Japan, to have built a super computer indeigenously.
12. India has the largest number of Post Offices in the world
13. One of the largest employer in the world is the Indian Railways , employing over a million people
14. India was one of the richest countries till the time of British rule in the early 17th Century. Christopher Columbus, attracted by India’s wealth, had come looking for a sea route to India when he discovered America by mistake.
15. The Baily Bridge is the highest bridge in the world. It is located in the Ladakh valley between the Dras and Suru rivers in the Himalayan mountains. It was built by the Indian Army in August 1982
16. The Vishnu Temple in the city of Tirupathi built in the 10th century, is the world’s largest religious pilgrimagedestination. Larger than either Rome or Mecca, an average of 30,000 visitors donate $6 million (US) to the temple everyday.
17. Varanasi, also known as Benaras, was called “the Ancient City” when Lord Buddha visited it in 500 B.C., and is the oldest, continuously inhabited city in the world today.
18. Martial Arts were first created in India, and later spread to Asia by Buddhist missionaries.
19.Yoga has its origins in India and has existed for over 5,000 years.
20. Until 1896, India was the only source of diamonds in the world.
21. The value of “pi” was first calculated by the Indian Mathematician Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is known as the Pythagorean Theorem. He discovered this in the 6th century, long before the European mathematicians.
22. Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to mankind. The Father of Medicine, Charaka, consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago.
23. India provides safety for more than 300,000 refugees originally from Sri Lanka, Tibet, Bhutan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh, who escaped to flee religious and political persecution.
24. Sushruta is regarded as the Father of Surgery. Over2600 years ago Sushrata & his team conducted complicated surgeries like cataract, artificial limbs, cesareans, fractures, urinary stones, plastic surgery and brain surgerie
25. The Art of Navigation & Navigating was born in the river Sindh over 6000 years ago. The very word Navigation is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘NAVGATIH’. The word navy is also derived from the Sanskrit word ‘Nou’.