India is all set to celebrate its 72nd Republic Day on 26th January 2021. As an Indian, it is the most important day for all the people across the country. The pride for our country and patriotism which flows in our blood is the sign of true Indian to wait for the celebration of Republic Day every year with the same enthusiasm. Today, the Indian Constitution was adopted in 1950 after attaining independence from British rule for over 200 years on Assumption, 1947. Also known as Gantantra Diwas, this day is observed by festivities such as the well-known Delhi Republic Day parade at Rajpath, which honors the Indian military forces and our rich cultural heritage.
Celebration of Republic Day this year:
Every year Republic Day is celebrated in Rajpath, New Delhi. The day begins with the prime minister paying tribute to the soldiers who sacrificed their lives for the country at the Amar Jawan Jyoti in India Gate. The president also hoists a flag at Rajpath and several important dignitaries, alongside the Prime minister and the president, are present for the parade. Colorful tableaus, tank show, air show, and bike pyramids are some of the most famous attractions of the parade. Also, a foreign head of the state is invited as the chief guest. But this year due to a pandemic everything will be different.
- No chief guest will be attending the Republic Day flag hoisting ceremony on 26th January 2021 due to a pandemic.
- The government has decided to downgrade the scale of the parade. Only 25,000 spectators will witness the parade.
- The route of the parade has also been shortened and the contingents will move up to the National stadium only. Earlier, the parade used to march up to the Red Fort.
- The veteran marching contingent or tableaux will not be present this s year and no child below the age of 15 will take part in the parade.
- Jawans will be seen wearing masks. Social-distancing will be in place for those coming to watch the celebrations.
- A total of 38 Indian Air Force (IAF) aircraft and four planes of the Indian Army will participate in the flypast.
- Flight lieutenant Bhawana Kanth will become the first woman fighter pilot to participate in the parade. The 28-year-old will be a part of the Indian Air Force (IAF)’s tableau.
- Uttar Pradesh’s tableau will feature a replica of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya. It will also display the culture, tradition, and art related to the temple town.
- Farmers’ mega tractor rally will peacefully become the part of Republic day parade not affect the official Republic Day parade.
- This year there will be different from last fifty years celebration due to the pandemic all over the nation. The government is requesting everyone to maintain social distance and wear masks every time. Avoid visiting the crowded areas.