Dear Readers,We are providing you a Chapterwise (Framing of the Constitution) Polity Quiz for SSC CGL 2016 and Railways, SSC CPO ,SSC CHSL .
1. Which of the following are among the provisions of the Act of 1858?
(1) The administration of India and the Indian Territories was transferred to the Crown.
(2) The East India Company was abolished
(3) The Governor-General of India was to be known as the Viceroy of India and a Secretary of State for India was also appointed.
(4) The administrative power of India was to be shared between the East India Company and the Crown of England.
(a) 1, 3 and 4
(b) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 2, 3 and 4
(d) All the above
2. Which of the following match are not correct?
(1) Government of India Act, 1919 Dyarchy
(2) Government of India Act, 1935 Provincial autonomy
(3) Minto-Morley Reforms Separate Electorate
(4) Mountbatten Plan Constituent assembly
(5) Cabinet Mission Plan, 1946 Partition of India
(a) 4 and 5
(b) 1 and 4
(b) 1 and 5
3.The nationalist demand for a Constituent Assembly was for the first time conceded by the British Government, though indirectly and with reservations in the
(a) Cripps proposals
(b) August Offer
(c) Cabinet Mission Plan
(d) Act of 1935
4.The Constituent Assembly that finally framed India’s Constitution was set up
(a) Under the Indian Independence Act
(b) Under the Government of India Act, 1935
(c) Under the Cabinet Mission Plan, 1946
(d) By the Queen’s Proclamation
5.The members of the Constituent Assembly were
(a) directly elected by the people
(b) all nominated by the Indian National Congress and the Muslim League
(c) indirectly elected by the Provincial Assemblies
(d) all nominated by the British Government
6.Who was the head of the Drafting Committee of the Constitution?
(a) Sachchidanand Sinha
(c) Jawaharlal Nehru
(d) BR Ambedkar
7.The Constituent Assembly arrived at decisions on the various provisions of the Constitution
(a) by a majority vote
(b) by a two-thirds majority
(c) by consensus
(d) Simple Majority
8.Who is considered to be the architect of the Indian Constitution?
(a) BR Ambedkar
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Rajendra Prasad
(d) BN Rao
9.Who among the following were the members of the Drafting Committee of the Constitution?
(1) K. M. Munsi
(2) Jawahar Lai Nehru
(3) Alladi Krishna swami
(4) Sardar Patel
(a) 1, 3 and 4
(b) 1 and 4
(c) 1, 3
(d) 2, 3 and 4
10.Match the following features of the Indian Constitution and their sources from which they have been incorporated.
List – I List – II
(a) Bill of Rights and Judicial Review 1. England
(b) Parliamentary system of democracy 2. Ireland
(c) Directive Principles 3. USA
(d) Residuary powers with the Centre 4. Canada
A B C D
(1) 4 1 2 3
(2) 1 2 3 4
(3) 3 4 2 1
(4) 3 1 2 4
Answers : Click Here