1. The Vote on Account is passed:
(a) After the voting of demands
(b) Before the general discussion
(c) After the general discussion
2. Arrange the following stages in the enactment of budget in proper order:
1. General discussion
2. Appropriation Bill
3. Finance Bill
4. Voting of the demands for grant
5. Presentation to legislature
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
(b) 5, 1, 4, 2, 3
(c) 5, 1, 4, 3, 2
(d) 5, 1, 3, 4, 2
3. The number of demands in the General Budget for civil expenditures is:
4.The word ‘Budget’ is mentioned in which of the following Articles of the Constitution of India:
(a) Art. 266
(b) Art. 112
(c) Art. 265
5. The budget was formally introduced in India in:
6. Which of the following statements are incorrect?
1. Rajya Sabha can reject a Money Bill.
2. Rajya Sabha can make recommendations on a Money Bill.
3. Rajya Sabha cannot reject a Money Bill.
4. Rajya Sabha should return the Money Bill to the Lok Sabha within 14 days.
5. Rajya Sabha can amend a Money Bill.
(a) 2, 3 and 4
(b) 1, 2 and 5
(c) 1 and 5
(d) only 1
7. Which of the following expenditures are charged upon the Consolidated Fund of India?
1. Allowances of the Chairman of Lok Sabha.
2. Expenditure relating to the raising of loans and the service and redemption of debt.
3. Pensions of the judges of High Courts.
4. Any sum required to satisfy the award of any arbitration tribunal.
5. Administrative expenses of the office of the Comptroller and Auditor-General
(a) 2 and 5
(b) 1, 2 and 5
(c) 2, 3 and 4
(d) 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
8. The correct statements about Public Account of India are:
1. The public account is the fund to which all public moneys received by or on behalf of the government are credited.
2. No legislative appropriation is required for payments from the Public Account of India.
3. Legislative appropriation is required for payments from the Public Account of India.
4. All public moneys, other than those credited to the Consolidated Fund of India, which are received by or on behalf of
the government are credited to the Public Account of India.
5. It is operated by executive action.
(a) 1, 2 and 5
(b) 1, 3 and 5
(c) 2, 4 and 5
(d) 2 and 4
9. Which of the following statements are incorrect?
1. Appropriation Bill cannot be amended while the Finance Bill can be amended.
2. Finance Bill cannot be amended while Appropriation Bill can be amended.
3. Same procedure governs both the Appropriation Bill and the Finance Bill.
4. Appropriation Bill and the Finance Bill are governed by different procedures.
5. Appropriation Bill cannot be rejected by the Rajya Sabha while Finance Bill can be rejected by it.
(a) 2 and 4
(b) 2, 4 and 5
(c) 1 and 3
(d) 1, 3 and 5
10. Which of the following statements about President’s ordinance-making power is not correct?
(a) It is co-extensive with legislative power of Parliament.
(b) Laid down in Article 123.
(c) Shall cease to operate on expiry of six weeks from the reassembly of the Parliament.
(d) Cannot be withdrawn at any time by the President.
Answers: Click Here