Indian Polity And Governance Topics
Indian Polity: Indian Polity is an integral part of the competitive examinations whether its SSC exams or Railway exams. It consists of the polity related topics of the country responsible for maintaining the rules and regulations of the country. Indian Polity generally contains topics such as the constitution, Union & State executive, Fundamental rights & duties, etc. Indians must know the details about the governance of Indian democracy. The fundamentals of a country are related to its polity. Know about the important topics of Indian polity underlying the foundation of a country. This post is a compilation of Indian polity notes to build your concepts and learn about Indian Polity and governance topics.
What is the Indian Polity?
The functioning of the Indian government and its system is called Indian Polity. It highlights the regulatory bodies responsible for maintaining the administration of the country. Indian Polity covers a vast variety of topics including the historical topics forming the basis of the present government. While working as a government servant, one must be well equipped with governance and public administration.
Indian Polity & Governance: Important Topics
What are the important topics covered under Indian Polity & governance? We have listed the topic and sub-topics that forms the basis of the government.
- The making of the Constitution of India
- Preamble of the Constitution
- Making of the constituent assembly
- The Constituent Assembly of India
- Basic Structure (Doctrine) of the Constitution
- Features of the Indian Constitution
- Constitution of India: features taken from other countries
- Parliamentary System in India
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Political Parties in India
- Elections in India
- Schedules in the Constitution of India
- Scheduled and Tribal Areas in India
- Co-operative Societies
- Emergency Provisions in Indian Constitution
- Electoral Reforms in India
- Panchayati Raj Systems in India
- List of Important Articles of the Indian Constitution
Fundamental Rights & Fundamental Duties
- Fundamental Rights
- Fundamental Duties of the Citizens of India
Parliament & Indian Judiciary
- Parliament of India
- Parliamentary Committees
- Budget in Parliament
- Amendment of the Constitution
- Anti-Defection Law
- Supreme Court of India
- High Courts in India
- Subordinate Courts in India
- Central Administrative Tribunal
Union & State Executive
- Office of the President of India: Instructions to electors
- List of Vice-Presidents in India and their Term of Office
- Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Prime Minister of India
- Cabinet Committees
- Union-State Relations / Centre-State Relations
- Governor in Indian Constitution
- Chief Minister in India
- The Union
- States and Union Territories
Constitutional & Non-Constitutional Bodies
- Election Commission of India
- Union Public Service Commission
- State Public Service Commission
- National Finance Commission
- State Finance Commission
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India
- Attorney General of India
- Planning Commission of India
- National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Central Bureau of Investigation
How to Study Polity?
Indian Polity acts as a foundation in General Awareness section. Here are some ways to understand the Indian Polity:
- Read the articles in the constitution thoroughly. Try to memorize them regularly.
- Repeated reading and revision is necessary for this process. The more times you read the more you would learn.
- Prepare short notes with highlighted keywords on important topics and relate them to a current issue.
- The aim should be extracting the important information according to the syllabus.
- Refer to the previous year papers and start solving question papers.