It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS), launched in 2013 aims at providing strategic funding to eligible state higher educational institutions and funding in the ratio of 60:40 for general category States, 90:10 for special category states and 100% for union territories
Its main objective is To improve access, equity and quality in higher education through planned development of higher education at the state level and Improve the overall quality of state institutions
1. RUSA would create new universities through upgradation of existing autonomous colleges and conversion of colleges in a cluster. It would create new model degree colleges, new professional colleges and provide infrastructural support to universities and colleges.
2. It is proposed to improve the gross enrolment ratio from 19% at present to 30% by 2020.
This scheme was launched on 11th October, 2014 – Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan Ji’s birth anniversary – at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
this scheme is Inspired by the principles and values of Mahatma Gandhi
The Main aim of this scheme is to develop three Adarsh grams (model villages) by march 2019, by each MP, of which one would be achieved by 2016.
after that five such Adarsh grams (one per year) will be selected and developed by 2024.
1. Members of parliament (MPs) are the pivots this scheme will run on. Gram Panchayat would be the basic unit for development. It will have a population of 3000-5000 in plain areas and 1000-3000 in hilly, tribal and difficult areas.
2.There are no new funds and fund can be raised from existing scheme
The National Rural Employment Guarantee Act 2005 (NREGA) is a social security scheme that aims at providing employment and livelihood to rural labourers in the country.
It was later renamed the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
The objective of this scheme is to enhance livelihood security in rural areas by providing at least 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work.
1. Strong social safety net for the vulnerable groups
2. If a person does not get employment within 15 days of registration, he/she becomes eligible for an unemployment allowance.
3. Sustainable development of an agricultural economy-employment on works that address drought, deforestation and soil erosion, water and soil conservation, afforestation and land development works
4. At least one-third beneficiaries shall be women