PRADHAN MANTRI SURAKSHIT MATRITVA ABHIYAN(PMSMA)
The Narendra Modi Government launched this ambitious scheme on June 9, 2016. Aim of this scheme is to provide free health check-ups to pregnant women at government health centres and hospitals
Under the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan, the pregnant ladies will be given free health check-up and required treatment for free on 9th of every month. The scheme will be applicable for pregnant women to avail in all Government hospitals across the country.
1. Beneficiary of this scheme is only pregnant Woman
2. The free checkup will take place on 9th of every month.
3. The services would be provided by gynaecology specialists/ physicians with support from private sector doctors. Private practitioners will play a critical role in supplementing the efforts of the Government.
4. The initiative could avoid many preventable deaths if every pregnant woman is routinely examined and appropriately followed and this will help in reducing the Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR) and Infant Mortality Rate (IMR)
5. The Scheme was unveiled by Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda in New Delhi.
LUCKY GRAHAK YOJNA (CONSUMERS) and DIGI DHAN VYAPAR YOJANA(MERCHANTS)
Both the scheme is announced by the NITI Aayog, A government of India policy think tank on dec 15, 2016
Intended Beneficiaries of this scheme are those People who will use digital transaction
Objective- The aim of these schemes is to incentivize digital transactions so that electronic payments are adopted by all sections of the society, especially the poor and the middle class
1. The scheme has become operational with the first draw on 25th December, 2016 (as a Christmas gift to the nation) leading up to a Mega Draw on Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti on 14th April 2017
2.Rewards under Lucky Grahak Yojana (Consumers)
(I) Daily reward of Rs 1000 to be given to 15,000 lucky Consumers for a period of 100 days
(II) Weekly prizes worth Rs 1 lakh, Rs 10,000 and Rs. 5000 for Consumers who use the alternate modes of digital Payments This will include all forms of transactions viz. UPI, USSD, AEPS and RuPay Cards but will for the time being exclude transactions through Private Credit Cards and Digital Wallets.
3. Rewards underDIGI DHAN Vyapar Yojana (Merchants)
(i) Prizes for Merchants for all digital transactions conducted at Merchant establishments
(ii) Weekly prizes worth Rs. 50,000, Rs 5,000 and Rs. 2,500
(III) Mega Draw on 14th of April – Ambedkar Jayanti
PRADHAN MANTRI GARIB KALYAN YOJANA
The Narendra Modi government on Dec16, 2016 announced The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY) along with other provisions of Taxation Laws (Second Amendment) Act, 2016
PMGKY is Union Government’s second income disclosure scheme (IDS) to allow tax evaders to come clean with unaccounted wealth. It provides for 50 per cent tax and surcharge on declarations of unaccounted cash deposited in banks.
1. A declarant of undisclosed income needs to pay 30% tax, 10% penalty and 33% Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Cess on the tax, all of which add up to around 50%.
2. The money or revenue generated from disclosure of unaccounted cash will be used for welfare schemes for the poor. It will be mainly used for projects in irrigation, infrastructure, primary education, primary health, housing, toilets and livelihood.
3. This scheme is a part of the taxation law (second amendment) bill 2016