UDAY (UJWAL DISCOM ASSURANCE YOJANA)
The Government had launched UDAY (Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana) scheme in November 2015, Having objective of providing a permanent solution for financial turnaround and revival of Power Distribution companies, To ensure a sustainable permanent solution to the problem and In long term – affordable and accessible 24×7 Power for All
From this scheme DISCOMs, Power Sector and Renewable Energy will boost up
The main Motto of this scheme to enable all DISCOMs profitable by 2018-19.
1. This scheme is through four initiatives
(i) improving operational efficiencies of DISCOMs
(ii) reduction in the cost of power
(iii) reduction in interest cost of DISCOMs
(iv) enforcing financial discipline on DISCOMs through alignment with state finances.
2. States shall take over 75% of DISCOM debt as on 30 September 2015 over two years in two phases i.e 50% of DISCOM debt shall be taken over in 2015-16 and 25% in 2016-17
3. Jharkhand was the first state to join this scheme
Setu Bharatam was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 4 March 2016 with an aim to make all national highways free of railway crossings by 2019.
This project will be implemented by the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
1. 208 Railway Over Bridges (ROB)/Railway Under Bridges (RUB) will be built at the level crossings at a cost of Rs. 20,800 crore as part of the programme
2. Also about 1500 old and worn down bridges will also be improved by replacement/widening/strengthening in a phased manner at a cost of about Rs. 30,000 crore.
NATIONAL AYUSH MISSION
Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India
has launched National AYUSH Mission (NAM)
The basic objective of NAM is to promote AYUSH medical systems through cost-effective AYUSH services, strengthening of educational systems, facilitate the enforcement of quality control of Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani & Homoeopathy (ASU &H) drugs and sustainable availability of ASU & H raw materials
AYUSH stands for Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy
Basic mission components are
1. AYUSH Services
2. AYUSH Educational Institutions
3. Quality Control of ASU & H Drugs
4. Medicinal Plants
SUKANYA SAMRUDDHI YOJANA
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana was launched by the Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi on 21st January 2015; under the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Campaign. This scheme was launched to meet the expense of the Girl child’s higher education and marriage
This scheme is administered by Ministry of Women and Child Development and Ministry of Finance
1. This scheme is a small saving scheme
2. She can withdraw 50% of the money after reaching age of 18 e.g. For higher education. 18 years deadline will also help to prevent child marriages
3. Interest rate: 9.1% compounded annually. No income tax for this year
4. Account can be opened via post office or commercial banks, Account will remain operative until she reaches 21 age.