Important Agriculture Schemes in Uttar Pradesh: In this article, we are giving detailed information regarding various Important Agriculture Schemes in Uttar Pradesh that are active in the state to provide support and assistance to the farmers.
Some of the Important Agriculture Schemes in Uttar Pradesh are as described:
MUKHYAMANTRI KRISHAK DURGHATNA KALYAN YOJANA
- In order to give social security to the farmers the state, the administration of Uttar Pradesh started Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojna on 22nd January 2020.
- Under this scheme, if a farmer meets an accident dies, or becomes disabled while working in the field then he or his family will be given a relief fund up to Rs. 5 lakhs.
- The farmers in the age group of 18-70 years will be benefited from this scheme.
- This scheme will be operated through the District Magistrate.
- An application given after 75 days of the casualty will not be considered.
THE MILLENNIUM FARMERS SCHOOL PROGRAMME
- The Government of Uttar Pradesh started “The Millennium Farmers School Programme” in the year 2011. Through this programme, the state government would be conducting classes for farmers in government schools to impart knowledge about latest techniques in agriculture crop insurance and marketing.
KRISHAK SAMRIDDHI AAYOG
- The state government has constituted Krishakk Samriddhi Aayog in the state to double the farmer’s income by the year 2022.
- The commission on will give suggestion regarding those efforts and measures that can help in doubling the income of farmers by 2022.
- The Chief Minister will be the chairperson and State’s Agriculture Minister and member of NITI Aayog will be the vice chairperson of this commission.
- Deputy Director General of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Representative (in India) of International Rice Research Institute Philippines (IRRI), Director General of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Trophies (ICRISAT) Hyderabad, Dr. Mangal Rai (former Director General of ICAR), professor of IIM-Lucknow and K.V Singh (former Director of ICAR) will be the non-official member to this commission.
UTTAR PRADESH AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE MARKET AMENDMENT ORDINANCE-2020
- This ordinance was promulgated by the government of Uttar Pradesh on 6th May 2020 to increase the income of the farmers and increase the market competition.
- Under the scheme, there will be no market tax on 46 vegetables and fruits.
- The famers will be free to sell their products directly to the consumers, businessmen and food processing units.
- There will be arrangements to decentralize the fruit vegetables market and take the agricultural products directly to the doorstep.
Important Agriculture Schemes in Uttar Pradesh: FAQs
Q. When was the Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojna started?
Ans.22nd January 2022
Q. Which crop is highest production in UP?
Q. Which vegetation is found in Uttar Pradesh?
Ans. Tropical Moist Deciduous, Tropical Dry Deciduous and Tropical Thorn.
If you download the Adda247 App. You get acesss to valuable Study Material for FREE
- Notes & Articles
- Job Alerts
- Current Affairs Updates
- Current Affairs Capsules
- Mock Tests