HSSC Canal Patwari Recruitment 2020: Check Educational Qualification, Age Limit, Pay Scale

HSSC Canal Patwari Recruitment 2020: The link for online application for the HSSC Canal Patwari Recruitment 2019-2020 was initially open from 16 August 2019 to 22 August 2019, which has now been reopened by the Commission. The candidates, who missed the opportunity to apply earlier, now have a golden chance to register for the Canal Patwari Recruitment. The registration link will remain open from 17 February 2020 to 02 March 2020, and the application fees for this examination can be paid till 05 March 2020. The date of examination is yet to be announced by the commission.

Important Links For HSSC Canal Patwari Exam 2020
Educational Qualification
Age Limit
Application Fees
Selection Process
Pay Scale

HSSC Canal Patwari 2020 Educational Qualification-
Following education criteria is must for the post of Canal Patwari:

  • A candidate must have completed graduation or its equivalent course from a University recognized by the UGC.
  • A candidate must have studied Hindi/Sanskrit/Urdu till Matriculation or during higher studies.

HSSC Canal Patwari Recruitment 2019-20: Get Apply Online Link For 1100 Vacancies

HSSC Canal Patwari 2020 Age Limit – HSSC mandated that a candidate must be at least 18 years old to apply for the Canal Patwari Recruitment. The upper age limit is 42 years. However, there are certain relaxations in the upper age limit applicable only for the candidates with Haryana State Domicile:

  • 5 years relaxations in upper age limit for the Scheduled Caste (SC), Backward Class (A) & Backward Class (B) candidates, as per the instructions from the Government of Haryana.
  • 10 years relaxation in the upper age limit for the PwD General Candidates; and 15 years for the PwD Scheduled Caste and PwD Backward Class candidates.
  • For Ex-servicemen Candidates, relaxation up to continuous Military service added by three years is permissible.
  • The upper age limit of 47 years is applicable in the case of widows, legally separated women, divorcees, deserted woman and unmarried women.

HSSC Canal Patwari 2020 Application Fees

Sr. No Category of Post General SC/ BC Candidates of Haryana State Only
Male Female Non Resident
of Haryana
Female Resident of Haryana Male Female
1 Cat No. 1 Rs 100 Rs 50 Rs 25 Rs 13
2 Physically Handicapped/ Ex-Servicemen Of Haryana No Charge

HSSC Canal Patwari 2020 Pay Scale –
For HSSC Canal Patwari, the pay scale is FPL* – Rs. 19900 – 63200.

*Functional Pay Level (FPL) – Pay matrix corresponding to a functional role in the hierarchy.

Register Here For Free Study Material For Haryana Recruitment 2020

Details of the HSSC Canal Patwari 2020 Posts

The Canal Patwaris are posted under Haryana Irrigation and Water Resources Department in Haryana. There are 1100 vacancies, which are distributed amongst various categories as follows:

Category Vacancy
General 473
Scheduled Castes 220
Backward Classes – A 176
Backward Classes – B 121
Economically Weaker Section 110

Selection Process
– There are two stages in the recruiting process.

  1. Written Exam – It carries a weightage of 90 marks, wherein, 75 % marks are assigned to the subjects – General Awareness, Reasoning, Mathematics, Science, Computer, English, Hindi and concerned or relevant subject, as applicable; and remaining 25% marks are applicable to History, Current Affairs, Literature, Geography, Civics, Environment, Culture, etc. of Haryana.
  2. Socio-Economic Criteria and Experience – A maximum of 10 marks are awarded to applicants in this section on the basis of norms defined by the Government of Haryana.



Download success!

Thanks for downloading the guide. For similar guides, free study material, quizzes, videos and job alerts you can download the Adda247 app from play store.

Thank You, Your details have been submitted we will get back to you.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Forgot Password?

Sign Up
Forgot Password
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we'll email you an OTP to verify it's you.

Reset Password
Please enter the OTP sent to