Essay Writing Format & Tips
SSC MTS Tier 2 exam is scheduled to be held on 24th November 2019 and SSC CGL Tier 3 will be held on 29th December 2019. Both the exams consist of descriptive papers where candidates would be required to write an essay and a letter. Candidates must be preparing for the descriptive paper as the marks scored in the descriptive will be added to the final score. How to score good marks in the descriptive paper in order to make it to the final merit? This question must have baffled many aspirants working hard to achieve their ultimate goal. In this post, candidates will be provided the information useful to write a good essay in various SSC descriptive exams. Here you can get to know the Format to write an essay and tips to score good marks in SSC MTS & SSC CGL Descriptive Paper.
SSC Descriptive Paper: Essay Writing Format To Follow In Exam
- Read the Question carefully and analyze the topic
Read the question carefully and what exactly is asked in the question. Think about what you can write on this topic and how this topic is related to the current scenario. Do not rush into writing the essay as soon as you read the topic. Remain calm and give enough time to think.
2. Make an outline and note down the important points separately
After analyzing the topic and thinking about what you can write on this, make an outline of all the points that can be written with the main ideas. Note down these points with headings and subheadings on the back of the page roughly. Make sure you are within the word limit and write precisely. Do not beat around the bush and stick to the topic.
3. Know the basic Format
You should be thoroughly aware of the Essay writing format and the steps it contains. An essay should be written as per its format. Here is the basic format for essay writing:
4. Introduction to the Essay
Start your essay with a proper introduction comprising of a catchy line. Try to include a dialogue that grabs the attention of the reader to your essay. You can start with a quote related to the topic given or any data depicting the statistics. The introduction should not be lengthy and should indulge the reader in reading the essay.
5. Body of the Essay
The body of the essay is the main part and the lengthiest of all. Include all the points related to the essay in this part explaining each one of them in detail. You can divide the body into headings as per the word limit required. Do not exaggerate and make sure you briefly describe every detail. Use frills to make the content interesting and not boring.
6. Conclude the Essay
Adding a conclusion to your essay will work as a suitable ending. Make sure to end it on a positive note. Don’t be biased with the opinions and maintain a balanced view. Only add the relevant information and then conclude the essay.
7. Check Spelling Mistakes & Grammatical Errors
The final revision of grammatical mistakes and punctuation should be done. Make sure there is no spelling error in the essay and everything is written as per the format.
8. Write in the boxes
In SSC exams, a box sheet is given to writing an essay in descriptive paper. Each word should be written in one box and so on. Regular practice will help in writing with ease. Make box designed sheets at home and practice in those regularly.
SSC Descriptive Paper: Essay Writing Tips
- Make sure to Practice enough before appearing in the exam. Write one essay daily.
- Go through the important topics- Click here for important topics for essay
- Read Enough to improve vocab and Grammar. You will get new ideas to frame sentences in a concise way.
- Keep yourself updated with current affairs. Essays are mostly asked from the latest news. Use official facts and figures to strengthen your essay.
- Take care of the word limit. Candidates must write within the word limit to avoid any negative marking.
- How to Score 40+ Marks in Quant Section of SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam 2019
- SSC CGL Salary: Check Post Wise Salary Structure
- SSC CGL Vacancy 2019: Check Expected Vacancies for 2019-20
- How to Score 40+ Marks in General Awareness Section of SSC CGL Tier-1
- SSC CGL Cut Off | Comparison with Previous Years