As you all know SSC CGL 2021 exam is at our door step and only 50 days are left for the exam. We know all the candidates who are going to appear for the exam must be prepared very seriously for the exam. The exam is scheduled to be held from May 29, 2021, to June 07, 2021, this means aprox 50-52 days are left for the exam from now. Cracking the SSC CGL Tier-I exam can be a challenge for many candidates since the level of competition for the exam is really high this year.
While preparing candidates must keep in mind that there will be a negative marking of 0.5 marks for each wrong answer. SSC CGL is an objective type of exam conducted online. The TIER I contains four sections and has 100 questions for 200 Marks. The time duration of the Tier-1 exam will be 60 minutes. We always try to give you something better and appropriate data that can help you with your preparation. Here are some tips on “How to prepare for SSC CGL TIER I in last 50 days”
- Know the Exam Pattern
When you start preparation exam pattern is the first step for any exam preparation. Exam pattern guides you with the number of questions, marks, duration of the exam and how many sections, which sections are going to come in the exam.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2020 : Check CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
- Plan According to Syllabus
See what are the sections, which is your favorite. On which section you have command and topics which are more important. Try to cover daily every topic, this will help you to cover the whole syllabus and you will practice.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2021: Detailed SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
- Choose proper study material
Don’t get confused about the source of the study. Don’t use too many sources this will confuse you and everyone has their different tricks. We recommend you to use ADDA247 study material this will give you vast coverage of all the syllabus.
Click here to check SSC CGL Notification
- Previous Year Question Paper
This will help the candidates to give the actual idea of the exam pattern. Practicing previous years’ question papers will help you to get all the types of questions.
SSC CGL Exam Analysis | Comparison With Last Year
- Attempt Mock Test
Try to attempt mocks every second day of your preparation, Choose topics wise mock test, and then go for the full-length mock. Topic-wise mock will help you to understand what is making in the preparation and ultimately you will get the knowledge of your strength and weakness.
Click here for the best SSC CGL mock tests, video course, live batches, books, or eBooks
- Time Management
As per the exam pattern, you all know it will consist of 25 questions for 50 marks, in 20minutes only. You have to plan your strategy according to that and make your calculation part too strong.TO score good marks time management is the key.
Let’s discuss the subject-wise strategy for SSC CGL exam preparation 2021. Most of the students find English Section very challenging, hence we will start by providing detailed information on the English Section.
SSC CGL English Preparation:-
Candidates find this section a little tough. For this section, revise all the grammar rules and skim daily for building your vocabulary strong, practice more and more of this section through the sectional tests. In English, there are three types of questions, Vocabulary questions, Grammar questions, and Reading Comprehension.
- For Sentence Improvements, knowledge of tenses, sentence structure is required. So, learn and memorize important structures in the English language.
- For Error Detection, Knowledge of Subject-verb agreement, pronouns, adjectives, conjunctions, determiners, and tenses is required. Revise and learn all-important rules for this section.
- For One Word Substitution, memorize importantly and frequently asked at least 300 words.
- For Idioms/Phrases, memorize importantly and frequently asked at least 300 words/phrases.
- For Comprehension, Practice mock tests. The trick is to read the questions first and then read the passage. This way you can save your precious time. your reading habits come in handy in this section.
- For Antonym/Synonym/Spellings, learn, memorize, and practice mock tests.
- Always find a new word vocab, note down all the important vocabulary that you encounter in your newspaper reading. This habit will benefit you a lot.