Coronavirus is a global concern nowadays. There is a rapid spread of this virus all over the world, raising its ugly head in India as well. With festivals around the corner such as Holi, people have an innate fear of coming out and celebrating. But the common public need not fear, a better knowledge of the virus, and its spread is essential.
What is coronavirus?
A coronavirus is from a large group of viruses that can cause the common cold, influenza, and other severe respiratory problems. The Coronavirus decreases mortality rates similar to SARS and MERS. The virus shape gives it a unique name. However, coronavirus can infect both animals and humans simultaneously.
What danger does this virus pose?
Health officials around the world are treading cautiously in declaring the outbreak of pneumonia-like illness as an International Health Emergency. It is concentrated on a few parts of the world, and governments are working hard to restrict it as much as possible.
The coronavirus initially seen as an infection in the upper respiratory tract is similar to a common cold. These can vary from person to person due to prior illness or weaker immunity.
- Running nose
- Severe headache
- Cough and phlegm
- Having sore throat
- Feeling Feverish
- Feeling fatigued and vomiting sensation
- may turn to pneumonia
- may also turn to bronchitis
Cure for coronavirus
Vaccination for Coronavirus has not been found yet. Doctors are giving medication in various combinations to treat the symptoms. As yet a definite medical plan isn’t chalked out.
- the patient should be rested
- should drink sufficient water
- should avoid pollution and irritants
Precautions to be taken
- Sick patients need to be admitted and isolated as they may catch the virus easily
- Avoid patients with respiratory disease
- Avoid travelling to countries or places which have the coronavirus epicentre
- keep your hands clean
- wearing surgical masks seem to do the trick
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- try to avoid public areas which are unclean
When playing Holi make sure clean colors, and clean water is used. Prevent playing in areas that are dirty and have trash all around. People with weak immunity and already sick should avoid playing Holi as the dust of colors may aggravate the situation. But playing with natural colors and playing eco-friendly Holi will not harm you in any way.