Assistant Audit Officer is a top-level gazetted Group B post under the Comptroller and Auditor General of India. It is one of the most desired government jobs in India with a high pay scale, perks and benefits. Many people wonder the process to get selected as the Assistant Audit Officer and get the job of their dreams. How to become an Assistant Audit officer in CAG? Know about all the details and selection procedure along with eligibility criteria, job profile and salary of AAO.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
How to Become an Assistant Audit Officer?
In order to become an Assistant Audit Officer, you must appear for the SSC CGL examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission all across the country. The examination consists of 4 tiers and is a tough nut to crack by many government job aspirants.
|Name Of Post||Assistant Audit Officer|
|Exam Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Ministry||Indian Audit & Accounts
Department under C&AG
|Pay Level||Pay Level 8 (Rs 47600 to 151100)|
|Selection Process||SSC CGL examination containing 4 Tiers|
Assistant Audit Officer Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the SSC CGL examination to get the post of AAO, you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University OR
- Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost & Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/ Masters in Business Studies
- During the period of probation direct recruits shall have to qualify the “Subordinate Audit/ Accounts Service Examination” in respective branches for confirmation and regular appointment as Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
The age limit of the general category must not exceed 30 years. However, there is age relaxation for other categories as given below:
|3||PH + Gen||10 years|
|4||PH + OBC||13 years|
|5||PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
Assistant Audit Officer Selection Process
The selection process of Assistant Audit Officer consists of the SSC CGL examination with 4 Tiers as given below. You must clear the cut off marks for each Tier to qualify for the next. There will be negative marking. To check the detailed exam pattern- CLICK HERE
|Tier||Type Of Exam||Mode Of Exam||Total Marks||Subjects|
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based Mode (Online)||200||
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based Mode (Online)||600||
|Tier-III||Descriptive Exam||Pen & Paper Mode (Offline)||100||Essay & Letter|
|Tier IV||Document Verification||–||–|
How to apply for Assistant Audit Officer in CAG?
You can apply for Assistant Audit Officer only when SSC will release the CGL notification.
- To apply for the Assistant Audit Officer, you must do one-time registration on the official website of SSC at http://ssc.nic.in.
- You will be provided with the login credentials containing registration number and password.
- Login with the details and apply online for the SSC CGL exam, whenever the notification will release.
Assistant Audit Officer in CAG: Salary & Job profile
The job profile of an assistant audit officer includes helping the Audit Officer or Senior Audit Officer to conduct various departmental audits of government organization. The total in-hand salary of the Assistant Audit officer will be up to Rs 70,000 in X cities. Check out the total salary details given below:
|Pay Level of Posts||Pay Level-8|
|Payscale||Rs 47600 to 151100|
|Basic pay||Rs 47600|
|HRA (depending on
|X Cities (24%)||11,424|
|Y Cities (16%)||7,616|
|Z Cities (8%)||3,808|
|DA (Current- 17%)||8,092|
|Travel Allowance||Cities- 3600, Other Places- 1800|