How many Zeroes in 20 lakh crore?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced an economic package of 20 lakh crore while addressing the nation on 12th May. The package will help those affected by the pandemic in reviving the economy leading to a self-independent nation. After the announcement of the big amount, citizens turned to Google to find out the zeroes in 20 lakh crore. Yes! How many zeroes in 20 lakh crore started trending on Google soon after the speech by the Prime Minister. Moreover, several tweets and posts by people came pouring in regarding the economic relief package. It became a matter of interest for Indians on how would the package aid them in coping with the upcoming crisis.
Lockdown 4.0 Guidelines To Be Followed After 17th May
So, if you are also wondering about the zeroes in 20 lakh crore, then here is the answer.
- 3 zeros in 1,000 – One Thousand
- 4 zeros in 10,000 – Ten Thousand
- 5 zeros in 100,000 – 1 Lakh / 100 Thousand
- 6 zeros in 1,000,000 – 10 Lakh / 1 Million
- 7 zeros in 10,000,000 – 1 Crore / 10 Million
- 8 zeros in 100,000,000 – 10 Crore / 100 Million
- 9 zeros in 1,000,000,000 – 100 Crore / 1 Billion
- 10 zeros in 10,000,000,000 – 1,000 Crore / 10 Billion
- 11 zeros in 100,000,000,000 – 10,000 Crore / 100 Billion
- 12 zeros in 1,000,000,000,000 – 1 Lakh Crore / 1 Trillion
- 13 zeros in 10,000,000,000,000 – 10 Lakh Crore / 10 Trillion
Therefore, there are 13 zeros (Rs 20 Lakh Crore = 10 Lakh Crore x 2) in Rs 20 Lakh Crore. Woah! It is indeed a big amount for everyone around the world.
What is PPE kit? Know all about Personal Protective Equipment
Furthermore, the interest in the big amount further escalated when the Finance Minister of India, Nirmala Sitharam gave an insight into the funds allocated to various sectors. On Wednesday, she provided an insight into the measures taken to ease the losses occurred due to lockdown. She declared 16 measures dealing with MSME, EPF contribution, NBFCs, housing finance, Discoms, contractors etc. Let’s see how the distribution of 20 lakh crore further affects the lives of 1.3 billion people dealing with the economic crisis of the country.
Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan: Press Conference By Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman