Dear Readers,We are providing you a History Quiz for SSC CGL 2016 and Railways, SSC CPO ,SSC CHSL .
1. Unfortunately; the original document of Megasthenese’s Indica has not survived and what remains are only quotations from it in various classical texts. Which of the following was not one of the later Greek writers to quote from Megasthenese ?
2. Name the Buddhist stupa which is believed to have been originally built in brick by Ashoka.
(a) Barhut Stupa
(b) Nalanda Stupa
(c) Sanchi Stupa
(d) Amravati Stupa
3. Find out the incorrect statements about Megasthenese’s Indica.
(i) It divided mauryan society into seven classes.
(ii) The original form of Indica has come down to us.
(iii)It has given information about the prevalence of slavery and usury in India during the Mauryan period.
(iv)The details of the military administration of Mauryas and the account of the urban life has been narrated by Megasthenese.
(a) (ii) and (iii)
(b) (i) and (iii)
(c) (ii) and (iv)
(d) (i) and (iv)
4. Name the animals represented on the abacus of the capital of the Sarnath Pillar of Ashoka.
(a) i, ii, iii, iv
(b) i, ii, iii, iv, v
(c) iii, iv, v
(d) ii, iv, v, iv
5. The Rock Edicts of Ashoka were discovered in
(a) 13th century
(b) 18th century
(c) 19th century
(d) 20th century
6. Mark the Pallava ruler who was the worshipper of Vishnu, the rest being devotees of Siva.
(a) (i) and (iii)
(b) (ii) and (iv)
(c) (iii) only
(d) (iv) only
7. Match the following lists :
List I List II
(Pallava Temples) (Examples)
1. Nandia Group A. Mukteshwara Temple at Kanchi.
2. Mahendra Group B. Rock-cut Temples at Bhairavakonda.
3. Rajasimha Group C. Monolithic Temples at Mahabalipuram.
4. Narasimha Group D. Kailashnath Temple at Kanchi.
(a) 1-C, 2-A, 3-B, 4-D
(b) 1-A, 2-B, 3-D, 4-C
(c) 1-C, 2-A, 3-B, 4-D
(d) 1-D, 2-B, 3-A, 4-C
8. The Pallavas and the Chalukyas were constantly involved in a conflict for establishing supremacy over which of the following area?
9. The finest specimens of Pallava architecture are
(a) Temples of Madurai
(b) Temples of Tanjore
(c) Rock-cut Rath temple at Mahabalipuram
(d) Kailashnath temple of Ellora
10. Harsha is said to have held two great religious assemblies. Which of the following places were the Venus for these assemblies?
Choose the correct codes given below:
(a) i and ii
(b) ii and iii
(c) iii and iv
(d) ii and iv
Answers: Click Here