1. Who was the first king to conquer Malwa, Gujarat and Maharashtra ?
(d) Chandragupta Maurya
2. Name the great Hindu King who combined in himself the qualities of Samudragupta and Ashoka ?
(b) Chandragupta II
(d) Chandragupta I
3. The Arab conquest of Sindh took place in
(a) 712 A.D.
(b) 1009 A.D.
(c) 740 A.D.
(d) 1001 A.D.
4. Sakas were finally overthrown by
(a) Chandragupta Vikramaditya
(c) Gautamiputra Satakarni
5. Who among the following was not a Saka ruler?
6. Maurya empire declined after Ashoka mainly because of
(a) Weak successors of Asoka
(b) Decentralisation of powers
(c) Ashoka’s excessive patronage to Buddhism.
(d) The policy of ahimsa leading to military weakness.
7. In early ancient India, the largest urban centre was
8. Which Saka ruler was responsible for important irrigation works in Saurashtra ?
(b) None of these
9. The most important kingdom in Deccan and Central India after the Mauryas was the
10. Which of the following dynasties ruled over Magadha in the 6th century B.C. ?