- Rule of company replaced by rule of crown in 1858.
- White mutiny by Indian troops in (1859).
- Indian council act 1861.
- Queen victoria proclamation was read by Lord canning at Allahabad.
- IPC – 1860
- Death – 1863, Punjab
Sir John Lawrence (1864 – 69)
- Bhutan war 1865
- Introduced First marine telegraph service between India & Europe (1865)
- Constituted a Famine Commission in chairmanship of Campbell.
Lord Mayo (1869 – 72)
- Opening of the Rajkot college at Kathiawar & the Mayo College at Ajmer for political training of Indian Princes.
- Establishment of statistical survey of India.
- Establishment of department of agriculture & commerce. (1872)
- Introduced census in India (1872)
- Kuka movement (1872)
- He was executed at portblair.
Lord Northbrook (1872 – 76)
- Visit of Prince of wales in 1875.
- Trial of Gayakwar of Baroda (1875)
- Famine in Bihar 1874
- Donate 10,000 Rs. to Mohammadan Anglo-Oriental College Aligarh (1875).
Lord Litten (1876 – 80)
- Known as oven Meredith.
- Famine of 1876-78, affecting Madras, Bombay, Mysore, Hyderabad, parts of central India & Punjab.
- Appointment of Famine commission under the presidency of Richard strachey (1878).
- Royal titles Act – 1876 – Queen Victoria assuming the little of ‘Kaiser-i-hind’.
- The vernacular press act (1878)
- 2nd Afgan war (1878-80)
- 1st Delhi Darbar (1877)
- Indian Arms Act 1878.
- Reduce Age of civil services 21 to 19 year.
Lord Ripon (1880 – 84)
- Repeal of vernacular press act 1882.
- The First Factory Act – 1881. To improve Labour conditions.
- Continuation of financial Decentralization (Ripon resolution)
- Government Resolution on local self government (RIPON RESOLUTION) – 1882.
- Appointment of Education commission under chairmanship of William Hunter. 1882 Hunter Commission.
- Ilbert bill controversy (1883 – 84)
- First continuous Census – 1881
- Rendition of Mysore.
- saviour of India
Lord Dufferin (1884 – 88)
- Passed Bengal tenancy Act 1885 & Punjab tenancy Act 1887.
- Third Burmese war (1885 – 86)
- 1885 – Indian National congress established.
- 1887 – Allahabad university established.
Lord Lancedown (1888-94)
- Factory Act – 1891
- Catagorized civil services into imperial provincial & council Act 1892.
- Indian council Act 1892.
- Setting up of Durand line between India & Afganistan. (Now between Pakistan & Afganistan)
- Prince of wales came India second time.
- Two British officials assassinated by chapekar brothers (1897).
- Swami vivekanand established math at Vellur & Remkrishna mission.
Lord Curzon (1899 – 1905)
- Appointment of police commission (1902) under sir Andrew Frazer to review police Administration.
- Appointment of universities commission (1902) & passing of Indian universities Act 1904.
- Establishment of department of commerce & Industries.
- Calcutta corporation act (1899)
- Ancient monuments preservation Act (1904)
- Partition of Bengal (1905)
- Curzon kitchner controversy.
- Young husbands mission to tibbet (1904)
- Irrigation commission; chairmanship of Mancreef.
- Established C.I.D in police.
- Cooperative committee act 1904.