1. Mohammad Ghori was first defeated by which of the following rulers?
[A] Prithviraja Chauhan
[C] Vidyadhara Chandella
2. Which among the following British men tried to obtain a Firman for trade in Gujarat from Emperor Akbar?
[A] Ralph Fitch
[B] John Mildenhall
[C] Sir Thomas Roe
[D] Thomas Stephens
3. The most important reason for collection of “Chauth” and “Sardeshmukhi” by Marathas was __?
[A] To increase the source of income
[B] To expand his territories
[C] To consolidate his political influence
[D] Because of the opposition of Muslim rulers
4. Who among the following was not included in the “Asta Pradhan” of Shivaji ?
5. The major region of copper mines during the Mughal period was___?
6. Which among the following is a correct meaning of office of Qazi-ul-Quzat under the Mughals?
[A] Head of the Finance department
[B] Censor of Public morals
[C] Supreme Authority in Justice
[D] Incharge of charities
7. The Mahzarnama was promulgated by Emperor Akbar in__?
[A] 1560 A.D.
[B] 1572 A.D.
[C] 1576 A.D.
[D] 1579 A.D.
8. Which among the following Hindu Painters was sent by Jahangir to portrait Shah Abbas-I of Persia ?
[B] Bishan Das
9. Who among the following rulers is known to have assumed the title of Caliph himself ?
[B] Alauddin Khalji
[C] Qutbuddin Mubarak Shah Khalji
[D] Mohammad bin Tughlaq
10.Arrange the following Chisti Saints in correct chronological order:
1. Sheikh Nizamuddin Aulia
2. Syed Muhammad Gesudaraz
3. Baba Farid Ganjshakar
4. Sheikh Nasiruddin Chirage-Delhi
Select the correct answer from the code given below.
[A] 1, 2, 3, 4
[B] 4, 3, 2, 1
[C] 1, 3, 4, 2
[D] 3, 1, 4, 2