Hello readers, Here we provide you with an Indian polity Quiz as per the syllabus of SSC CGL TIER-I. Most of the questions are from previous years paper. This Quiz surely helps you to fetch more marks in final exams.
1. By which Amendment Act of the Constitution of India were the Directive Principles of the State Policy given precedence over the Fundamental Rights wherever they come into conflict?
2. The 42nd Amendment Act (1976) has incorporated into the Constitution of India a new chapter on:
(a) Administration of Union Territories
(b) Formation of Inter-State Council
(c) Fundamental Duties
(d) None of these
3. Which one of the following Constitutional Amendments introduced the anti-defection provision in the Constitution for the first time?
(a) 51st Amendment
(b) 52nd Amendment
(c) 53rd Amendment
(d) 54th Amendment
4. The Ninth Schedule to the Indian Constitution was added by:
(a) First Amendment
(b) Eighth Amendment
(c) Ninth Amendment
(d) Forty Second Amendment
5. The 73rd Amendment of the Indian Constitution deals with:
(a) Panchayati Raj
(b) Compulsory Primary Education
(c) Nagar Palikas
(d) Minimum age for marriage
6 The minimum age of voting in India was lowered from 21 to 18 years by the Constitutional Amendment Act:
7. Which Amendment Act introduced changes in the Preamble to the Indian Constitution?
(a) the 38th Amendment Act, 1975
(b) the 40th Amendment Act, 1976
(c) the 42nd Amendment Act, 1976
(d) the 44th Amendment Act, 1979
Q8.In presidential election the deposit is liable to be forfeited in case the candidate fails to secure …… of the votes polled.
Q9. The phrase equality before law used in Article 14 of Indian Constitution has been borrowed from the Constitution of:
Q10. According to the Constitution of India, which one of the following rights cannot be taken away during emergency?
(a) Right to speak
(b) Right to freedom of movement
(c) Right to life
(d) Right to organize
Q11.All doubts and disputes in connection with election of the president are inquired into and decided by the?
(a) Election commission of India
(b) High court of Delhi
(c) Supreme court
(d) Special court
Q12.What is the tenure of the Prime Minister of India ?
(a) Conterminous with the tenure of the Lok Sabha
(b) Conterminous with the tenure of the President
(c) As long as he enjoys the support of a majority in the Lok Sabha
(d) None of these
Q13. The resolution for removing the Vice-President of India can be moved in the
(a) Lok Sabha alone
(b) either House of Parliament
(c) joint sitting of Parliament
(d) Rajya Sabha alone
Q14. In the event of a vacancy in the offices of both the President and vice-President of India, the person who performs the duty of a President is
(a) Speaker of Lok Sabha
(b) Chief Justice of India
(c) Chairman of Rajya Sabha
(d) Attorney General
Q15. Who is the highest civil servant of the Union Government?
(a) Attorney General
(b) Cabinet Secretary
(c) Home Secretary
(d)Principal Secretary of the P.M.
Dear Students, Please share your SSC CHSL 2016 Answer key pdf with us at: Contact@bankersadda.com