Happy International Men’s Day 2022
Happy International Men’s Day 2022: The International Men’s Day is observed every year on November 19. The theme for 2022, according to Internationalmensday.com, is “Helping Men and Boys.” The International Men’s Day celebrates the contributions that men have made to society’s cultural, political, and socioeconomic achievements.
Happy International Men’s Day 2022: Why to celebrate International Men’s Day?
● It also encourages men to become excellent role models by recognising the positive contributions they make to society, their families, and their communities.
● Thomas Oaster started it in February of 1992. The International Men’s Day project was started on November 19, 1999, by Dr. Jerome Teelucksingh, a history instructor at the University of the West Indies in Trinidad and Tobago.
Happy International Men’s Day 2022: History
● The idea for International Men’s Day was first developed on February 8, 1991, and was officially launched by Thomas Oaster on February 7, 1992.
● The event was restarted in Trinidad & Tobago in 1999. Malta has been hosting festivities for International Men’s Day since February 7, 1994, making it the country with the longest-running celebration.
● The Maltese AMR Committee decided to move the date of IMD to 19 November in 2009 because Malta was the only nation to commemorate the February date honouring men and their contributions to society.
● Jerome Teelucksingh, the International Men’s Day chose November 19 in honour of his father’s birthday and to commemorate how the nation was united on that day in 1989 by Trinidad and Tobago’s football team as they attempted to qualify for the World Cup.
● Teelucksingh has marketed International Men’s Day as an opportunity to address all issues impacting men and boys, not only those that are specific to one gender. “They are pushing for gender equality and slowly seek to eliminate the negative stereotypes and the stigma connected with men in our society,” he said of IMD and its grassroots activists.
The United Nations does not recognize International Men’s Day, which falls on March 8, in the same way that it does not recognize World Toilet Day, which is observed on November 19.
Happy International Men’s Day 2022: Wishes, Messages, Images, Greetings
If you want to honour and celebrate the men in your lives on the occasion of International Men’s Day. We’ve compiled messages, photographs, quotes, and greetings for you to share with them on Facebook, WhatsApp, and other social media sites. See them listed below.
1. You are the backbone of the family and rock in our lives – The best husband, father, brother and son we could ever wish for. Today, we celebrate you. Happy Men’s Day.
2. “A great man is different from an eminent one in that he is ready to be the servant of the society.” – BR Ambedkar.
To the men who are not afraid to show his vulnerability, the men who support and stood by women in their lives, the men who fight stand against discrimination, the men who are allies, we honour and love you. Happy Men’s Day.
3. “The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” – Samuel Johnson.
4. “A great man is a torch in the darkness, a beacon in superstition’s night, an inspiration and a prophecy.” – Robert Green Ingersoll.
5. You have always been there for me like a rock and backbone, and that is what you make so special. I appreciate you today and always. Happy International Men’s Day.
6. You have showered us with love and shown us the way forward. It is time we do the same for you and be a positive force in your life. I wish you a Happy International Men’s Day.
7. Thank you for being you. Let us celebrate you on this International Men’s Day and every day beyond. I wish you a happy International Men’s Day 2022.
8. To all the men out there, without you, we are incomplete. Thank you for being a part of our lives. Let us celebrate you for all the value you add to our life. Happy International Men’s Day 2022.
Happy International Men’s Day 2022: FAQ’S
Ques 1. Why do we celebrate International Men’s Day?
Ans: International Men’s Day is celebrated as a token of appreciation for the contributions men make in our lives, families, society, and nation. It’s a day to show all your gratitude towards them for being the biggest support system.
Ques 2. When is International Men’s Day celebrated in 2022?
Ans: Every year International Men’s Day 2022 is celebrated on November 19.
Ques 3. When was the first International Men’s Day celebrated?
Ans: International Men’s Day was first started by Thomas Oaster in February 1992. Later it was founded by Dr. Jerome Teelucksingh on November 19, 1999.