Happy B’ day Mr. Narendra Modi: A Role Model For Everyone
Early life and Rise of Political Career
Narendra Damodardas Modi, (born September 17, 1950) was born and raised in Vadnagar, a small town in northern Gujarat. He joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) at a very young age. He established a unit of the RSS’s student’s wing, the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) in his area and gradually started to rise in RSS hierarchy.
In the year 1987, Modi joined BJP and was soon made the general secretary of the BJP’s Gujarat branch. He was one of the key members behind BJP’s success in 1995 state legislative assembly elections.
CM of Gujarat
In the year 2001 when the then Gujarat’s CM Keshubhai Patel’s health deteriorated Narendra Modi was selected as the replacement and was eventually elected the by-poll election in feb 2002.
He was the Chief Minister during the infamous Godhra riots which killed more than 500 people and was heavily criticised by the political leaders from all around the world. In 2005 USA even declined his diplomatic visa request and stated that he was responsible for 2002 riots in some way. But all these controversies and events didn’t stop him from winning state assembly elections in 2007 and then again in 2012.
PM of India
For the 2014 General Elections BJP named Narendra Modi as their Prime Minister Candidate. The elections were completely centered around Narendra Modi and BJP launched the promotional campaigns with the slogan “Abki baar Modi Sarkar”. BJPs landslide victory in the elections meant that BJP back in power for the first time since 13th Lok Sabha elections. BJP managed to win 282 seats paving way for Modi to become PM. In the 2019 Lok Sabha elections same story was repeated as this time BJP won 303 seats and Modi became first Non-Congress PM to be elected after completing full term.
Notable Schemes/Programme Launched under Modi’s Government
- Make in India
- Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDSA)
- SAUBHAGYA Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
- Atal Pension Scheme
- Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana
- one Rank One Pension (OROP) Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendras (PMMSK)
- Pradharn Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana
- Sahaj Bijlittar Ghar Yojana
- Khelo India Programme
- PMAY (Urban) Home loan Subsidy
- Deen Dayal SPARSH
- Real Eestate Regulatory Authority ACT
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahan Yojana (PMGPY)
- Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY)
- Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana (PMMVY)
- Start-up India Scheme for Women Entrepreneurs.
Some important events which happened under Modi government:
- GST rollout in July 2017
- Demonetization in November 2016
- Surgical strike on 29 September 2016
- Balakoat strike on 14 February 2019
- Abolition of Triple Talaq
- 10% reservation for Economic Weaker Section (EWS)
- Abrogation of article 370 from J&K
- J&K and Laddakh were made union territory
- Merger of PSUs Bank
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) 2016
India is a youthful country. A country with such a major percentage of youth has the capability to change not only its own but the fate of the entire world