Gujarat Elections 2022: Voting for the first round of the Gujarat Assembly Elections commenced under heavy security on December 1, 2022, at 8 am. Over 2 crore voters will decide the future of the major political parties in today’s elections, which will take place in 89 constituencies spanning over 19 districts in Saurashtra, Kutch, and South Gujarat. Gujarat election results will be declared on December 8, 2022, after the second phase of voting in the state is completed on December 5.
Gujarat Elections 2022: Key Points
- The fate of the 788 candidates who are in the running for the first phase will be decided by the votes cast by a total of 2,39,76,670 voters by today at 5 PM.
- 1,24,33,362 male electorates, 1,15,42,811 female electorates, and 497 electorates of a third gender make up the total electorates.
- There are also more than 4 lakh PWD voters who can cast ballots.
- The voting age is 80 years or older for almost 9.8 lakh elderly citizens, and 100 years or more for around 10,000 voters.
- The Election Commission reports that 4,945 voters are beyond the age of 99, while 5,745,60 voters are between the ages of 18 and 19. There are 125 men and 38 women among the 163 NRI voters.
Gujarat Elections Arrangements for 2022
- Gujarat Elections 2022, 14,382 voting locations exist, 3,311 of which are in urban areas and 11,071 in rural ones.
- During the first round of the Gujarat elections, 13,065 voting places in 19 districts will be live streamed on the internet.
- The Chief Electoral Officer operates an election monitoring room at the state level in Gandhinagar.
- There will be voting in the first round of the Gujarat elections at a total of 25,430 polling places. 13 065 of these voting locations will have live webcasts.
Gujarat Elections 2022: Candidates
- The BJP pursues a record-breaking seventh term in office, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah addressed rallies and roadshows in the state.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel is running from Ghatlodia, while AAP candidate for chief minister Isudan Gadhvi is running from Khambhaliya, former Congressman and BJP candidate Hardik Patel is running from Viramgam, and former Congressman and current BJP candidate Alpesh Thakor is running from Gandhinagar South.
- Madhu Shrivastava, a former BJP legislator, is running as an Independent in the Vaghodia district.
Gujarat Elections 2022: Result
Votes will be counted on December 8, 2022, according to the Indian Election Commission. On the same day, the results of the Himachal Pradesh Assembly Elections will also be announced.