1. Photosynthesis generally takes place in which parts of the plant?
A. Steam and leaf
B. Leaf and other chloroplast bearing plants
C. Bark and leaf
D. Roots and chloroplast bearing plants
2. Plants synthesis protein from
C. Fatty acids
D. Amino acids
3. Plants absorb dissolved nitrates from soil and convert them into :
A. Free nitrogen
4. Which of the following gases readily combines with the haemoglobin of the blood?
A. Carbon monoxide
D. Nitrogen dioxide
5.Platelets in plasma
A. Proteins in blood
B. RBC and WBC in blood
C. Sodium in serum
D. vitamin in blood
6. Carotene in Indian cow’s milk causes ?
A. deep yellow colour
B. Creamish white colour
C. white colour
D. yellow colour
7. Which is responsible for the process of cell division ?
8. Most highly intelligent mammals are :
9. Milk is poor source of
10. Photosynthesis takes place faster in ?
A. yellow light
B. red light
D. white light
ANSWER KEY: 1- (b), 2- (d), 3- (a), 4- (a), 5- (b), 6- (d), 7- (a), 8- (c), 9- (b), 10- (d).