Dear Readers, we are providing you a geography quiz for SSC CHSL , SSc CPO,SSC CGl 2016 and Railways.
1. Which is the largest canal of the world ?
(A) Suez canal
(B) Panama canal
(C) Kra canal
(D) Bhakra canal
2. Which of the following are connected by Suez canal ?
(A) Red Sea and Dead Sea
(B) Red Sea and Arabian Sea
(C) Red Sea and Mediterranean Sea
(D) Red Sea and Black Sea
3. Which of the following ports is not situated at Pacific coast ?
(B) Los Angeles
(C) San Francisco
4. Which is the southern-most point of India ?
(C) Indira point
5. Which river is known as the ‘Sorrow of Bihar’ ?
6. In which state are the Mahadeo hills located ?
(C) Madhya Pradesh
7. The ‘Kalabaisakhis’ originate during—
(A) Winter season
(B) Rainy season
(C) Period of retreating monsoon
8. What type of forests are the ‘Sunderbans’ ?
(A) Tidal forests
(B) Monsoon forests
(C) Tropical Evergreen forests
(D) Temperate Evergreen forests
9. The ‘Regur’ soil is—
(A) Red soil
(B) Black soil
(C) Alluvial soil
(D) None of these
10. Which river basin has the maximum amount of water available for irrigation ?
(A) The Ganga
(B) The Indus
(C) The Brahmaputra